ARTIZAN - "Ancestral Energy"

steel-prophet

Feb 11, 2011
Schwarzenberg/Germany
Matt Barlow (ex-ICED EARTH) as guest on the new album "Ancestral Energy"

height:643

"Ancestral Energy" is the forthcoming album of ARTIZAN and will be released in April 2013 via Pure Steel Records.

Former ICED EARTH frontman Matt Barlow will make a very special guest appearance on the title track of "Ancestral Energy", the new album by melodic power metal band ARTIZAN. The song reveals an intriguing back story for the original ARTIZAN track "Curse Of The Artizan", which was released in 2011. Matt will perform the voice of the Artizan's ancestors.

Barlow's comment: "I'm happy to announce that I will be lending my voice to the forthcoming release of the new ARTIZAN album, 'Ancestral Energy'. In addition to my own musical project, Ty and the guys of ARTIZAN have given me the opportunity to appear as a guest vocalist on what I believe will be a great conceptual endeavor.

"If you have followed what the band has recorded previously, you know that they are very much into 'storytelling' and that's something that has always interested me in this genre. As another benefit, I will get to work with producer Jim Morris again as he puts the guys through their paces at Morrisound Recording.

"I'm looking forward to recording the song that I'll be performing on, and think that we'll have a great time with it."

ARTIZAN founder/drummer Ty Tammeus adds: "We are proud and honored that Matt will be contributing his talents to the new album. We will be showcasing Matt's full vocal range on the passage that we have created for him. I am ecstatic that we all get to hear Matt again!"

source: blabbermouth.net, ARTIZAN

ARTIZAN @ PURE STEEL RECORDS

ARTIZAN - video premiere of the new song "The Death Of Me"

Artizan-The-Death-of-Me-poster-600.jpg

Melodic Power Metal band ARTIZAN released an advance single and video for the forthcoming album Ancestral Energy. The new single titled ‘The Death of Me’ (free download - November 01, 2012) showcases all of the elements Artizan established on their first album Curse of the Artizan. Fantasy artist Marc Sasso created artwork for the song which displays the Artizan character with Sasso’s unique conception of the Grim Reaper.
Ancestral Energy was recorded at Morrisound Studios in Tampa, Florida with legendary Metal producer Jim Morris. Ex-Iced Earth singer Matt Barlow makes a very special guest appearance on the new albums title track. Ancestral Energy is set for an April 2013 release through Pure Steel ARTIZAN was founded in 2008 by drummer Ty Tammeus and hails from Jacksonville, Florida.

ARTIZAN @ PURE STEEL RECORDS
“The Death Of Me” @ PURE STEEL RECORDS
“Curse Of the Artizan” @ PURE STEEL RECORDS
“Curse Of The Artizan @ PURE STEEL SHOP*

Last edited by a moderator:
The new ARTIZAN-masterpiece "Ancestral Energy" is now available in our webshop. Safe 1 Euro during preorder phase. The official release date is the 10th of May 2013. "Ancestral Energy" was recorded, mixed, mastered and produced by Jim Morris @ Morrisound / Tampa, FL. He worked in the past for bands like SAVATAGE and ICED EARTH. The album contains also a guest appearance of Matt Barlow (ASHES OF ARES, ex-ICED EARTH).

First press reactions are fantastic: Craig Hartranft of dangerdog.com wrote:
"How do you follow up a great debut album and avoid the sophomore jinx? Bring an equally strong sequel. That's exactly what Jacksonville's Artizan has done with Ancestral Energy. Once more the band successfully blends the best of classic melodic heavy metal with nuances of power and progressive metal. Among many things, the singular strength of Artizan is their ability to weave the best aspects of those in an interesting and entertaining fashion. ...Once more, with Ancestral Energy, Artizan delivers a fine platter of classic melodic metal. It makes you wonder how they'll follow this one up in the future. Good stuff, and strongly recommended." 5/5 points

height:600

height:450

ARTIZAN “Ancestral Energy” @ PURE STEEL SHOP

It's a new month and time for some new metal! Hailing from Jacksonville, Florida comes melodic metal act Artizan, which is gearing up to release a sophomore album next week.
The "Ancestral Energy" album will feature a guest appearance by none other than Matt Barlow on the title track, and is due out through Pure Steel Records on May 10th, 2013.
In anticipation of this release, we can now offer you a taste of the album through opening track "I Am The Storm." You can hear it on our soundcloud channel, on our releasepage of the album or on metalunderground.com
ARTIZAN “I am the Storm” @ Soundcloud
ARTIZAN "The Death Of Me" - free download @ PURE STEEL RECORDS

Heall Yeah!!! Artizan are the "Band Of The Month" Mai 2013 on streetclip.tv Thanks for the honor! ARTIZAN will release the new album "Ancestral energy" on 10th of May 2013 via PURE STEEL RECORDS.
height:502

Today, GuitarWorld.com presents the exclusive premiere of Ancestral Energy, the guitar-heavy new album by Artizan. Ancestral Energy will be released May 10 by Pure Steel Records.
Artizan had a surprise hit two years ago with their debut album, Curse of the Artizan. But Ancestral Energy, the band's sophomore release, will surprise listeners. The melody lines are more sophisticated, the arrangements more intense.
The title track even features a guest performance by ex-Iced Earth singer Matt Barlow. The entire album showcases the talents of singer Tom Braden — and the rest of the band.
exclusive premiere @ guitarworld.com
ARTIZAN "Ancestral Energy" @ soundcloud

The new ARTIZAN - album "Ancestral Energy" was officially released on 10th of May 2013.
There are a lot of good reviews. Please take a look and hear some stuff. It´s a master piece!
Special guest: Matt Barlow (ASHES OF ARES, ex-ICED EARTH)
Recorded, mixed, mastered and produced by Jim Morris @ Morrisound Tampa/FL
some reviews:
Powermetal.de 10/10, Dangerdog 5/5 !!!!, Eternal Terror 5,5/6, Metal Rules 4,5/5, Rock Garage 9,5/10, streetclip.tv 9/10, Time For Metal 8/10, Musikreviews.de 12/15, Lady Obscure 4,5/5, Metal Temple 9/10, My Global Mind 8/10, PowerOfMetal.dk 90/100

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q6DwdZH-M8"]official video “The Death Of Me”[/ame]

The release date of the ARTIZAN album "Ancestral Energy" on vinyl is June 28th, 2013. The limited vinyl edition consists 500 pieces and is coming with a A3 poster and gatefold. As a special bonus the red vinyls get an additional patch. The preorder phase will start on June 14th, 2013 in our webshop.

ARTIZAN had a surprise hit two years ago with their debut album entitled “Curse of the Artizan”. Metal fans loved the melody lines, great riffs, and ideas – ARTIZAN was more than what has come to be expected from such bands. The songs were memorable and spirited and embodied the pure art of heavy metal and showcased the fascinating voice of Tom Braden.

On their second album entitled Ancestral Energy we find exactly these same attributes with even more. The style is the same and is what we have come to love about ARTIZAN, but Ancestral Energy is no carbon copy of Curse of the Artizan. Ancestral Energy will definitely surprise its listeners. The melody lines are more sophisticated and will carry you away; the arrangements are more intense, but will still keep you feeling uplifted. Songs like the opener “I am the Storm,” “Deep Ocean Dreams” or the single “The Death of Me” will have you singing them out loud, but every time you hear them you will find something new; these songs simply do not wear off. The monumental title track, which includes a very well-done guest performance by ex-ICED EARTH singer Matt Barlow, is clearly a masterpiece and not only showcases Braden and Barlow’s vocal prowess, but presents all the band’s strengths as a whole. And the variable drumming of Ty Tammeus is something which you won’t find so easily with other bands.

Productions these days often seem only to sound like compressed plastic or an imitation of music from 40 years ago. This latest release by ARTIZAN shows you how it’s done properly! Ancestral Energy has a production which is authentic and natural, but also powerful and balanced. That’s how melodic metal is supposed to sound in the year 2013!

You won‘t find any better metal this year!

height:600

TRACKLIST:
Side A
1. I am the Storm
2. The Raven Queen
3. The Guardian
4. The Death of Me
Side B
5. Deep Ocean Dreams
6. You can’t take the Metal
7. Ancestral Energy
Total Playing Time: 40:23 min

height:450

LINE-UP:
Ty Tammeus – Drums
Tom Braden – Vocals
Shamus Mcconney – Guitar
Jon Jennings – Bass
very special guest: Matt Barlow (ASHES OF ARES, ex-ICED EARTH)

The new ARTIZAN - album "Ancestral Energy" was officially released on vinyl on 28th of June 2013. The limited vinyl edition consists 500 pieces and is coming with a A3 poster and gatefold. As a special bonus the red vinyls get an additional patch.

height:400

Reviews:
Dangerdog 5/5 http://www.dangerdog.com/2013-music-reviews/artizan-ancestral-energy.php#.UX8wJMqOAw8
Metalrules 4,5/5 http://www.metal-rules.com/review/viewreview.php?band=Artizan&album=Ancestral+Energy

ARTIZAN „Ancestral Energy“ vinyl black @ PURE STEEL RECORDS http://www.puresteel-shop.com/ARTIZAN-Ancestral-Energy-Black_1
ARTIZAN „Ancestral Energy“ vinyl red @ PURE STEEL RECORDS http://www.puresteel-shop.com/ARTIZAN-Ancestral-Energy-Red_1

ARTIZAN - "Ancestral Energy" (PURE STEEL RECORDS) promotrailer

The US Progressive/Power Metal Band ARTIZAN has started a Crowdfounding campaign for their new album "The Furthest Reaches" on Indiegogo. The album will be released as a limited CD edition (with bonus track), as a standard CD and on vinyl (also with bonus track) on April 2015 (at the Keep It True festival). All contributors will receive a digital copy of the new album three days before the worldwide release. You are the ones who made this happen! The Band cannot make an album of this magnitude without the support of their incredible fans. The motto has always been "If we are going to do it then let's do it BIG!" When you want to support the band, then go on the website of Indiegogo. More information you found on the website of Indiegogo, on the homepage of ARTIZAN and on Facebook.

height:400

LINE-UP:
Tom Braden - vocals
Ty Tammeus - drums
Shamus McConney - guitars
Jon Jennings- bass