ARTIZAN sign worldwide record deal with Pure Steel Records

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – press release – May 19, 2010

ARTIZAN sign Worldwide deal with PURE STEEL RECORDS

We’re very proud to announce that US melodic power metal band ARTIZAN has signed a Worldwide deal with German-based record label PURE STEEL RECORDS for the upcoming release of the as-of-yet untitled debut full length album.

ARTIZAN, hailing from Jacksonville, Florida, was formed by original members of the acclaimed Century Media recording artist Leviathan, and released it’s self-titled debut EP in late 2009. With a strong resemblance to such great bands as Iron Maiden, Queensryche, Fates Warning and Crimson Glory, ARTIZAN is undoubtedly one of the best exponents of what classic heavy metal is all about.

ARTIZAN founder Ty Tammeus states:
"Pure Steel Records is an ever evolving label that is making significant progress signing and distributing quality bands of our genre of metal. We are proud to have a relationship with Pure Steel which will provide fans around the world access to our new album in 2011. We would like to thank Claus and Lars, our management team at Intromental, for orchestrating this deal."

PURE STEEL RECORDS product manager Andreas Lorentz adds:
"We are very happy that ARTIZAN (USA), one the most exciting new bands of the year 2010, has signed with us. Thanks for your confidence. The mix of Melodic and Power Metal in US-Style with slight progressive touches is absolutely perfect and compelling. The band is just amazing, musically and instrumentally, but this is no miracle to us, because every single musician in the band has his own high class. We expect nothing but a really great album."

PURE STEEL RECORDS growing roster includes such great metal acts as Aska, Jackal, Zandelle, The Prowlers, Dragonsfire and Ivory Tower.

The debut album of ARTIZAN will be recorded in the fall of 2010 with an expected release in early 2011.

ARTIZAN is:
Tom Braden – vocals
Ty Tammeus – drums
Shamus McConney – rhythm guitar
Hermanus J. Rombouts – rhythm & lead guitar
Jonathan Jennings Jr. - bass

Artizan_Group_2010_websize.jpg

ARTIZAN on the web:
www.artizanmetal.com
www.artizanmetal.com/mobile (iphone/blackberry optimized website)
www.facebook.com/artizanmetal
www.myspace.com/artizanmetal

PURE STEEL RECORDS on the web:
www.puresteel-records.com
www.myspace.com/puresteelrecordsnew

Thanks a million for the support.

My intuition initially told me Pure Steel would be the label we would end up choosing; they were extremely receptive to our music from the very beginning.

I am thankful for the support and dedication of Claus and the gang at Intromental management. Lars from Manticora put up with all of my idiosyncrasies, which says a lot. :heh:

We will be recording this fall, and are eager for everyone to hear the new material.

Ty