Artmore?

Rookie Bassist

Tarot rulez all!
Mar 8, 2010
SoCal
I'm a newbie and I'm seeing stuff about the Artmore and a courtyard...that it's a hangout? Partyyyy?

What other stuff should I know so I don't miss out on all the coolness?

OK, maybe it's not my place to post this, and probably it's totally unnecessary, but to be on the safe side, I want to point a few things out.

We ProgPower people have been granted a unique experience by the Artmore. This year we will be the ONLY people in the hotel. In addition, while most hotels only allow paying guests in their facility, the Artmore is cool with all PP people using their place to party. We should enjoy it but not abuse it.

I've stayed at this hotel for eight years now and at first they were wary of us. Then grudgingly accepting and gradually more accommodating. Now they have embraced us and we should be grateful for that. Yes, we give them a lot of money, but they could fill the rooms with "normal" folks. Last year they had special bar hours, drinks and food available for us outside their normal schedule and kept rock music playing in the courtyard round the clock. (Ok, it wasn't PP music, but they tried.)

So, I was thinking we should remind ourselves of a few basic rules of etiquette so we don't spoil a good thing:

1. If you have a non-smoking room, please don't cheat or you will be fined like $2-300 for cleaning fees. It's so easy to just pop down to the courtyard and you always end up socializing when you do, so please, just go outside to smoke.

2. The courtyard has been fixed up beautifully with cafe tables, couches and a fountain. Let's not trash it. Be kind to the furniture, mindful of your lit items and put the trash in the cans provided.

3. They really prefer there be no glass out in the courtyard. This is a tough one to follow, but let's try. I plan on buying a few hundred of those big plastic cups and putting them out there for those who buy beer in bottles.

That's basically it. They are totally cool with us staying up all night, playing loud music and drinking til we drop. The housekeeping staff has been totally great about giving us more towels and cleaning up the huge amount of trash and the mountains of empties we generate. It's nice to tip them.

Now, there hasn't been (much) of a problem in the past, and I don't expect one this year, but since we will be totally in control of the place and it has become the party spot for most everyone, I just want us to be respectful so we can continue this as long as there is ProgPower. Like I said, this is probably totally unnecessary, but since there will be way more PP people there than ever before, I just wanted to make sure we kept it cool.:kickass:

OK, maybe it's not my place to post this, and probably it's totally unnecessary, but to be on the safe side, I want to point a few things out.

We ProgPower people have been granted a unique experience by the Artmore. This year we will be the ONLY people in the hotel. In addition, while most hotels only allow paying guests in their facility, the Artmore is cool with all PP people using their place to party. We should enjoy it but not abuse it.

I've stayed at this hotel for eight years now and at first they were wary of us. Then grudgingly accepting and gradually more accommodating. Now they have embraced us and we should be grateful for that. Yes, we give them a lot of money, but they could fill the rooms with "normal" folks. Last year they had special bar hours, drinks and food available for us outside their normal schedule and kept rock music playing in the courtyard round the clock. (Ok, it wasn't PP music, but they tried.)

So, I was thinking we should remind ourselves of a few basic rules of etiquette so we don't spoil a good thing:

1. If you have a non-smoking room, please don't cheat or you will be fined like $2-300 for cleaning fees. It's so easy to just pop down to the courtyard and you always end up socializing when you do, so please, just go outside to smoke.

2. The courtyard has been fixed up beautifully with cafe tables, couches and a fountain. Let's not trash it. Be kind to the furniture, mindful of your lit items and put the trash in the cans provided.

3. They really prefer there be no glass out in the courtyard. This is a tough one to follow, but let's try. I plan on buying a few hundred of those big plastic cups and putting them out there for those who buy beer in bottles.

That's basically it. They are totally cool with us staying up all night, playing loud music and drinking til we drop. The housekeeping staff has been totally great about giving us more towels and cleaning up the huge amount of trash and the mountains of empties we generate. It's nice to tip them.

Now, there hasn't been (much) of a problem in the past, and I don't expect one this year, but since we will be totally in control of the place and it has become the party spot for most everyone, I just want us to be respectful so we can continue this as long as there is ProgPower. Like I said, this is probably totally unnecessary, but since there will be way more PP people there than ever before, I just wanted to make sure we kept it cool.:kickass:

Awesome post! This is my first year staying at the Artmore and I am looking forward to it. I'm not a drinker/partier, but I do like hanging out and shooting the bull.

Thanks for translating. :lol:

Anytime.

Oh, one more thing that you may NOT want to do, cause it'll piss off AMBR royally.

Don't, under ANY circumstances, yell the name of the next song during any band's sets in between songs. Don't do that, ever. :lol:

AMBR - the Queen of WIN!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

seriously - the Artmore has done a serious solid for us, and it is a great place to hang, party, chill and sleep...don't forget that last part: at some point, most of us DO need to sleep :) except Saturday night/Sunday morning :cool:

::so stoked for the next 13 days to go by super-quick::

ps - n00bs: if you are unsure of what to do while at the Granadamore..a bit of advice: just join in :)

This is so cool of the Artmore to allow all this, certainly respect it. Seems like myself and my friend are really in for a treat. She's a bit shy but me...I might be going around with a bottle of fisu for people to try lol...(this is Zac Hietala's fave drink, vodka + fisherman's friend) hell of a drink & clear your sinuses lol

This is so cool of the Artmore to allow all this, certainly respect it. Seems like myself and my friend are really in for a treat. She's a bit shy but me...I might be going around with a bottle of fisu for people to try lol...(this is Zac Hietala's fave drink, vodka + fisherman's friend) hell of a drink & clear your sinuses lol

The best idea. My friends and I just walked around with a liter of vodka all week and it made for an excellent trip. See you around :kickass: