Artwork Help....

HeirApparent

Oww, My Finger Is Stuck..
Jun 3, 2008
The Black Isle. Scotland
Hey all.

I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if there are threads for this kinda thing so to those that view me as the noob, im sorry.

But basically myself and a friend have started up this band - www.myspace.com/nightofthecrescentmoon - and we are looking for someone to help create some artwork for us. We have some stuff on the page but it's very basic and we don't have the skills needed to make better looking things. From the myspace page you should be able to get an idea of what we are after and if not, you could ask.

So if anyone out there is interested in helping us out just drop an email or message me through this.

Thanks for taking the time to read this if you have actually read it.
Ben

Hey all.

I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if there are threads for this kinda thing so to those that view me as the noob, im sorry.

But basically myself and a friend have started up this band - www.myspace.com/nightofthecrescentmoon - and we are looking for someone to help create some artwork for us. We have some stuff on the page but it's very basic and we don't have the skills needed to make better looking things. From the myspace page you should be able to get an idea of what we are after and if not, you could ask.

So if anyone out there is interested in helping us out just drop an email or message me through this.

Thanks for taking the time to read this if you have actually read it.
Ben

im a graphic designer. ill make you some artwork for a price.

Yeah I can imagine. All I'm trying to achieve is the colour you see on the second picture, but minus the warped tree branches on the top left. It was due to quite emphasized pencil shading that it became a problem.

I'm thinking about even keeping it in pencil, but would need to do something to make it stand out a little more as the contrast between it in this form and the logos is a bit much...

i think having the pencil drawing would be pretty cool as the cover and then having a 'simpler' and 'cleaner' font. Maybe with an outer glow around it and centered to the image. play around with it, i always like fonts such as times new roman and putting spaces between the letters to give it that 'title' effect. if you wanted the font you already have then just reverse the color around, so that you have the red at the bottom and the white at the top just so you can actually read it :p

Guys, I think I can give some advices...
I work in a known animation studio, it's my dayjob outside this small freelance business, I use to get material from draughtsmen and my job is to add colors, textures, light render, details, digital painting and more...

I have a lot to say about this drawing but I'll make it short, dont worry.
This drawing have too much pencil in it, it's almost impossible to make a professionnal render with it. Too much details...

Check out the 'About' section of my website (http://www.meanspark.com/about.html), I have scanned a sketch of a painting I have done "Mary and the child", I then colored it in Photoshop.

No shadows, just a discrete line, no modelé (a modelé is when you play with shadows & highlights to make the render tridimensionnal, realistic). That's the easiest way.

In fact, more details the drawing have & more handicaps you have. Use textures for the shadows and digital painting for the highlights.

Thanks guys.

affinityband - I actually have the original fonts in pencil too so I could try working with them to have them fit over the pencil cover if we head down that path. The band name at the top is our current logo so we aren't too keen on abandoning it.

If, however, we choose to stick with colour then I'll have to keep the sky red to tie in with the theme - it's a fairly complex theme album.

Meanspark - unfortunately we didn't originally plan on photoshopping the drawing so nothing of this nature was taken into account during its creation.

I'll definitely be heeding your advice next time around though...