As the festive season approaches......

Lack of time to play games has put me off getting a PS3 (was seriously considering it), so instead went and bought Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii. Haven't played it yet, but that should easily suck the hours away based on what people are saying. Also still only 10hrs into new Zelda

I smile a little when I see people on here mention games I/my dept worked on :) Enjoy dude!

I'll be hopping on the Strike Force jet in a few hours, heading for Heathrow for a London-based Christmas with family then a wee trip up to Scotland with my beloved for some much needed whisky :)

Have a fecking excellent Christmas, Holiday Season and New Year everyone! :headbang:

That Strike Force jet is going to be busy!

I probably won't be around for a few days after today so have an awesome time whatever you are up to guys! Enjoy, relax, chill out.......and most importantly "be excellent to one another" :)

Lack of time to play games has put me off getting a PS3 (was seriously considering it)

I was the same a few years ago, even stopped my then gf getting me one for christmas because of this! But in the end I bit the bullet and got one, but I always make sure to check the "completion time" of the games I buy. A lot of games actually don't take up much time to get through the campaign. But this also means I can't buy stuff like Skyrim or Dragon Age...!!

At home for Christmas now... going to spending the next 5 days or so catching up with family and friends and enjoying a (fairly) peaceful christmas... :)
Then I'm heading back to Uni to spend New Years' with the other half and my university friends... it'll be my first NYE away from home, and I can't wait.

However, I am hoping to get myself a copy of Skyrim around christmas time, along with a few new CDs to act as my soundtrack... so, hell, I might be away from here for a while too. :D

Well, no matter what you guys are getting up to, I hope you have a seriously amazing time with whatever it is you're doing over the next week or so. Have a v. merry christmas and all the best for the New Year too. I'll see you on the other side!
:headbang:

Hear hear, Mole! Hope everybody has a blast and a happy New Year's to anybody who won't be checking in!

I'm doing what I usually do, go to houses, eat food and overall, spend time with family etc. It's always nice to see some family that don't live close by.

As for New Years.... I don't really do anything... except say "Happy New Years" at midnight.... FUN!

Funny thing, on the topic of all this video gaming, I finally decided to get into the current generation and get myself an Xbox 360....better late than never I guess LOL! My friend actually let me borrow Oblivion and I must say..... it has consumed my life LOL. I just can't stop playing it. That makes me fear for if I ever get my hands on Skyrim. I'm sure I won't come out of my room for at least a month :D.

Anyways, Happy Metal Holidays/ New Years to everyone! ! :headbang:

Have a good 'un everyone! I'm out tonight with the wife and a few friends, don't drink that often these days so I'm probably gonna be hungover. Got some strong painkillers in for tomorrow just in case!

Merry Christmas guys! Thanks for the support and C ya in the new year. ITS CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAS!!

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm feeling good despite having a lack of sleep, not through insomnia, not through drinking late...but through having a long session on the new Zelda game until 3am haha!

Funny thing, on the topic of all this video gaming, I finally decided to get into the current generation and get myself an Xbox 360

I think the current PS360 generation is actually the best generation in videogame history, and I've been a gamer since 1988 or so! The technology keeps improving so the games keep getting more amazing all the time. Check out Assassins Creed also :)

I think the current PS360 generation is actually the best generation in videogame history, and I've been a gamer since 1988 or so! The technology keeps improving so the games keep getting more amazing all the time. Check out Assassins Creed also :)

Oh yes, I can agree that it has gotten completely amazing. I love how video games have progressed so far and knowing that they will just keep getting better and better. Though, I don't think I'll EVER get over the nostalgia of the older systems. Especially, the ones around the SNES era to the N64 era. Those are like my entire past LOL!

I'll definitely get Assassins Creed. It's one of the many, MANY games I've been wanting to play .

Playing Battlefield 3 on my Xbox and it is clear how much the 6 year old technology is straining under the weight of the game. A new generation is needed as I can't afford a £1000 PC right now!

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

Speaking of the current gaming generation, if you think consoles are doing mighty things in leaps and bounds, Colin, you ought to check out PC gaming. I'm getting my feet wet for the first time in more than a decade by getting a hand-me-down laptop which might actually be able to play some PC games! Looking forward to firing up some bargains I caught in the Steam sale.