Asatider

thruldom

Dec 18, 2005
Sweden
The 5 seconds or so of "Asatider" from the "Till Fjälls"-album is from the Swedish-Icelandic co-production of Korpen Flyger ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087432/ )
isn't it?

Do you still like those movies Vintersorg? ( I think they are great, but hey! that's me)

To the forum-readers; see the movies (it's a trilogy) if you like to see vikings in a natural environment, and the language (icelandic) is the same as used all over scandinavia at that time.

(If you don't like it authentic, watch "the vikings" instead, Tony Curtis and Kirk Douglas as Erik and Einar, in a fun adventure movie)

thruldom said:
The 5 seconds or so of "Asatider" from the "Till Fjälls"-album is from the Swedish-Icelandic co-production of Korpen Flyger ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087432/ )
isn't it?

Do you still like those movies Vintersorg? ( I think they are great, but hey! that's me)

To the forum-readers; see the movies (it's a trilogy) if you like to see vikings in a natural environment, and the language (icelandic) is the same as used all over scandinavia at that time.

(If you don't like it authentic, watch "the vikings" instead, Tony Curtis and Kirk Douglas as Erik and Einar, in a fun adventure movie)

I have'nt seen the movies since ´98 or so..

mr V

The music from the movie is pretty crappy 80s synth. It's called Í skugga hrafnsins ( in the shadow of the raven) Then there's another one called Hrafninn flýgur( the raven flies/ korpen flyger). The excerpts are taken from the former movie: And it goes like this: Allir um borð! Drepum þá! = All aboard Let's kill them!
I didn't think the script and the acting performance was that great in the former movie. I can't judge the latter one coz it's been a long time since I saw that one. Can't remember a third one.
The only Viking story that has impressed me so far was a show(icelandic) about Njáls-saga. Awesome production/storytelling and matrix like swordfights.

The film Beowulf & Grendel(icelandic and canadian production I think, the story is from the epoch of the Norsemen in England) was shot in Iceland( soon to be in theaters) and has some magnificent scenery. I've seen in the trailer. the critic from Göteborgsposten thought it was horrible, but mahhh I´m gonna see it anyway
info:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402057/

Djöfull: Im gonna try too get a hold/see those movies in some way, thanks for the tips.

The excerpt that was used in the movie was actually not in one piece, "Drepum þá!" was first (Grim) and then Allir um borð!" when the other side fled.

Yeah, you have right its rather horrendrous music, synthesizer and (digital) drums. I enjoyed both films thouroughly :).

Njals saga has some elements that was used in "Í skugga hrafnsins" the fued between two familys, the use to set fire at the enemys farm to slaughter them at the doorstep, although the leading events is different.

Djöfull said:
The music from the movie is pretty crappy 80s synth. It's called Í skugga hrafnsins ( in the shadow of the raven) Then there's another one called Hrafninn flýgur( the raven flies/ korpen flyger). The excerpts are taken from the former movie: And it goes like this: Allir um borð! Drepum þá! = All aboard Let's kill them!
I didn't think the script and the acting performance was that great in the former movie. I can't judge the latter one coz it's been a long time since I saw that one. Can't remember a third one.
The only Viking story that has impressed me so far was a show(icelandic) about Njáls-saga. Awesome production/storytelling and matrix like swordfights.

The film Beowulf & Grendel(icelandic and canadian production I think, the story is from the epoch of the Norsemen in England) was shot in Iceland( soon to be in theaters) and has some magnificent scenery. I've seen in the trailer. the critic from Göteborgsposten thought it was horrible, but mahhh I´m gonna see it anyway
info:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402057/

Ya, I heard about that movie...it was entered in the Toronto film festival...I think. Some of the characters are not acurate though...instead of Grendel's mother its Grendel's father, which doesn't exist in the original story etc. I doubt it is being released here though. I will look for it in the upcomming San Fransisco International film festival :) . The scenery did look nice though.