ASCENDIA - The Lion And The Jester

I'm still waiting for the cd to arrive. I ordered it from the band directly since Lasercd was out of stock and I've been waiting now for 10 days for it. I'm fucking impatient!

Funny. I was thinking "man I hear a little Howard Jones in this guy's voice sometimes" and then one of the recommend vids is them covering a KSE tune.

I got the same vibe. Then I realized that the bridge of the posted song is pretty damn close to the chorus of "Rose of Sharyn" by KSE

They played a short set last night, here in Toronto. Great performance - very impressed with Nick's live performance.

Only complaint was there set was too short - it was a Wacken Metal Battle, so 25 minutes per band.

Looking forward to seeing them open for Haken.

Saw this pop up in the best of 2015 thread and then I saw the lyrics video for Faded Away, s I had to pick it up. I am really impressed so far. The vocals and songs are very strong. I will add to the chorus of praise.

*pops in almost a year later*
Why in the fuck did it take me so long to discover such a band!!! Played the single, fapped, ordered it up, fapped again.

What a vocalist, too! I hear a little Mathias Blad meets Ray Alder in there!

ASCENDIA RELEASE “REMEMBER ME” VIDEO; ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN SHOWS WITH CIRCUS MAXIMUS

"...Ascendia will also be playing a series of exclusive shows in North America supporting Norwegian Progressive Metal artists Circus Maximus. Ascendia will be playing shows in Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, and New York leading up to their appearance at the Power Prog USA Festival in Atlanta, GA...."

Ascendiatour.jpg

September
2 – Chicago, IL – Reggies
3 – Toronto, ON – Hard Luck Bar
4 – Montreal, QC – Café Campus
5 – New York, NY – Studio at Webster Hall
9 – Atlanta, GA – ProgPower USA

Reactions: Kez