Asgaut - Village

A.V

New Metal Member
Jun 12, 2008
Hello people

Just wanted to introduce you to a band that I really like, and believe you all here will also like it because their music resembles Opeth in (way too) many ways.

Asgaut were (unfortunately they broke up) also a kind of Death / Prog metal band, with few Doom touches in it, from Israel.
Their first and only LP, Village, is a 5 songs record that recieved lots of good reviews in the Israeli Metal scene.

Anyway, here are two songs from their album for you to hear and impress:
:headbang:

I'd be glad if you'll leave a comment, and also share if you know any other bands with a familiar sound!
Enjoy

Downloading now. Are they anything like Orphaned Land?

EDIT: So, it's better than I expected. The growls are traditional Doom grunts, and the softer parts have an even Porcupine Treeish sound to them. What year was this?

Downloading now. Are they anything like Orphaned Land?

EDIT: So, it's better than I expected. The growls are traditional Doom grunts, and the softer parts have an even Porcupine Treeish sound to them. What year was this?

They surely are also influenced by Orphaned Land, but it's not as obvious at all as their Opeth source.

About the release date - 2005.

C'mon guys give it a try! I promise you'll like it and find it pretty interesting! :)

Absolutley, one great band there, its a shame they split, i would have loved to hear more

I've got Village (one of the hand-numbered versions of the album). It's pretty good, has some ridiculously awesome moments (specifically the middle of the theme song onwards and the song The Edge Of The Hour). A band that showed great promise. I didn't know that they broke up - shame.
Their stuff is VERY influenced by Opeth, especially Morningrise, IMO. But it's still a nice listen.