ASHES dIVIDE

Apr 12, 2002
Istanbul, Turkey
www.myspace.com
who likes them?

being an avid a perfect circle fan, i can confidently say today that billy howerdel was the driving force behind a perfect circle's amazing music. i knew since 2002, the first time i had heard a perfect circle, that howerdel had some guitar parts and they had written the songs together with keenan. but listening to ashes divide, i can see now most of it was howerdel's talent. great, innovative and original songwriting, excellent arrangements. the lyrics are not as great as keenan's but they still have a lot to offer... way better than mainstream rock bands anyway.

and obviously howerdel has learnt a lot about singing from keenan. you can tell.

so who agrees with me?

I liked APC's first two albums, but the third was shit imo. I've only heard one Ashes Divide song but I liked it. I heard Maynard's son was in that band... heh heh.

fuck APC. boring ass band.

how come?? i do agree "emotive" was nothing spectacular but "mer des noms" is a masterpiece. how could you miss out on that one?

and for ones who have listened to APC more than a thousand times and worn out their CDs, ashes divide is definitely worth checking out. we dont have any new APC, so why not give ashes divide a chance? it didnt grip me on the first listen either, but it is growing on me slowly... just like when i listened to APC for the first time years back.

how come?? i do agree "emotive" was nothing spectacular but "mer des noms" is a masterpiece. how could you miss out on that one?

and for ones who have listened to APC more than a thousand times and worn out their CDs, ashes divide is definitely worth checking out. we dont have any new APC, so why not give ashes divide a chance? it didnt grip me on the first listen either, but it is growing on me slowly... just like when i listened to APC for the first time years back.

Just plain uninteresting. "safe". un-dynamic.

Tool dominates APC but APC has some nice songs. Magdalena, The Package, and Thinking of You would have to be my favorites. I do think they get a bit samey though. A lot of the choruses are a little too similar.