Aside from Dan's bands/projects, what other Swedish bands do you like a lot?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
In no order:

Evergrey
Tad Morose
Lefay
Pathos
Candlemass
Memory Garden
Wolverine
Pain of Salvation
Dark Tranquillity
Abstrakt Algebra
Opeth
Hollow
old Katatonia
Mayadome
Divine Sin

... and probably tens of more. The thing is I really love most of these bands. Sweden is producing some of the best bands ever, i.e. Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Evergrey.

NP: Lefay - SOS

Katatonia, Opeth, In Flames, Darkane, Defaced, Soilwork, Carnal Forge, Dark Tranquillity, Gardenian, Headplate, Transport League, The Haunted, Dark Funeral, The Crown, Amon Amarth, Pain, Hypocrisy, Entombed, Naglfar, Misery Loves Co. (R.I.P.), Tiamat, Witchery, Arch Enemy, Spiritual Beggers

and may others I am surely forgetting.....

Well, I won't list metal bands because many people have listed some of the bands I like (Arch Enemy/AE related stuff are probably my fave swedish metal things other than swanostuff). Anyhow, there are some great Swedish prog rock bands - namely Anglagard, Anekdoten and Landberk. Members of Anekdoten and Landberk did a one-off called Morte Macabre that is totally great prog rock full of mellotron.

Evergrey
Opeth
At the Gates
Dark Tranquillity
The Haunted
In Flames
Entombed
Witchery
Therion

Bloodbath, Dark Funeral, Darkane, Dawn, Defleshed, Diabolical Masquerade, Dog Faced Gods, Edge of Sanity, Embraced, Entombed, Meshuggah, Misteltein, Mörk Gryning, Opeth, Pain of Salvation, Sanctifica, Satariel, Skyfire, Soilwork, The Haunted.

And tons of Norwegian bands..