What other bands do you listen to?

Alucard

Admatha
Jun 3, 2001
Annandale, NJ, USA
Visit site
Sorry if this was already covered, I'm new to this forum. I was just wandering what kind of music most opeth fans enjoy. Do most of you listen to black/death metal? When I was younger I listened to the usual stuff: Metallica, Sabbath, Ozzy. Later on I got into progressive metal, such as: Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Symphony X, Pain of Salvation. As well as some classic bands like Pink Floyd and Rush. And some heavier stuff like Nevermore. It wasn't untill recently that I got into more extreme music. I've come to love bands like Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, and Amorphis. Opeth has replaced Dream Theater as my favorite band, something that I thought would never happen.

I'm into everything that Mike Patton has done (Faith no More, Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, Maldoror, solo projects, guest appearances...), a bunch of progressive bands (Liquid Tension Experiment, Dream Theater), some really heavy technical stuff (Meshuggah, Dillenger Escape Plan), lots of instrumental stuff (Gordian Knot, Weather Report), Metal (Pantera, Megadeth), and some really weird stuff (Candiria, Primus)

I've said this before but anyway....
I'm mostly into metal, here are some of the bands:
Slayer, In Flames, The Crown, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Soilwork, Darkane, The Haunted, Nasum, At the Gates, Carcass, Hypocrisy, old Metallica, Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Dark Funeral, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Emperor, Immortal, Marduk and lots of other metal.

I like some non-metal music too; some good old rock n roll, some prog rock and some other various more or less heavy rock...

Here goes:
Iron Maiden, Opeth, Dream Theater, Dissection, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Therion, Anathema, Amorphis, The Crown, Nevermore, Black Sabbath, Slayer, Vader, At The Gates, Dimmu Borgir, Kovenant, Fates Warning, The Haunted, In Flames, Entombed, Judas Priest, Manowar, Testament, Anthrax, Blind Guardian, old Helloween, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Arch Enemy, Merciless, Unanimated, Vintersorg, Borknagar, Katatonia, Pantera, old Metallica, Biohazard, Mayhem, Satyricon, Emperor, Deep Purple, Cradle of Filth, Candlemass, Motörhead, My Dying Bride, Necrophobic, Queensrÿche, Paradise Lost etc.

I also like some non-metal stuff:
Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles, Dropkick Murphys, Bad Religion, The Animals, Hoola Bandola Band, Imperiet, Philemon Arthur and the Dung, Vrävarna, Magnus Uggla, Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, Camel etc.

Opeth, Vintersorg, Ulver, Tenhi, Anathema, Dissection, Katatonia, The Crown, Empyrium, Arcturus, Borknagar, Nevermore, Dimmu Borgir, Naglfar, The Gathering, Thryfing, Twin Obscenity, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Bloodbath, CoB, Bloodthorn, Dark Tranquility, Darkthrone, Ebony Tears, Gandalf.

Off the top of my head.

Here's a few...
Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, Suffocation, Internal Bleeding, Iced Earth, Carcass, Brujeria, Malevolent Creation, Metallica, Gwar, Monstrosity, Amorphis, Gorefest, Bolt Thrower, Mortician, Napalm Death (who I will be seeing in 2 weeks) Motification, and more...
I didn't say Opeth because that should go without say!

Well, apart from the typical swedish or melodic death metal stuff I don't listen that much to metal anymore.
I've got these metal masterpieces like reign in blood or Burn my eyes to which I listen every now and then, but I must admit that I've already outgrown the metal age hehehe.
I like a lot of these alternative rock bands like the Foo Fighters or Incubus (who are really great for they play a lot of wonderfull acoustic things).
I must also admit that there are some New Metal Bands to which i listen quite regularly like the Deftones or Linkin Park.

But nevertheless I'm a fan of acoustic music and romantic melodies like Opeth play them.

But don't get me wrong, cause about 70% of the music i listen to can still be considered as metal!

Now you little sheep go and visit the page of my best friends under
www.accb.de they really rock!!!!!!!!!

Top three are:
1) In Flames (All albums!)
2) Dark Traquillity (All albums and demos, though 'haven' isn't that good)
3) The Crown (Eternal Death, The burning - two masterpeices!!! the latters are regular).

I am deeply into gothenburg, also listening to soilwork, ablaze my sorrow, gardenian, children of bodom (not exactly gothenburg but...), ebony tears...
And also other 'regular' metal (thrash, heavy) with slayer, metallica, pantera, sepultura, you know the list...

Some tristania, death, at the gates, samael.

(And others which i won't write here due to my short patiance :) )

Opeth, Vintersorg, Novembers Doom, Agalloch, Iron Maiden, Fates Warning, Iced Earth, Borknagar, Ulver, Em Sinfonia, Tristania, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, Morgion, My Dying Bride, Dream Theater, Symphony X.

I still occasionally listen to some older stuff too such as old Metallica, Megadeth, Dio, Slayer, Testament, Black Sabbath, and Ozzy.

I also listen to some stuff like Rush, Pink Floyd, Yngwie, Tony Macalpine, Steve Morse, and Return to Forever.

www.mp3.com/soulforlorn

Arcturus
Ashes You Leave (selected stuff)
Blind Guardian (Nightfall in Middle-Earth only)
Dan Swanö stuff
Dark Tranquillity (later stuff)
Dismal Euphony (not that new horrible singer)
Dødheimsgard
Entombed (earlier stuff)
Lux Occulta (later stuff)
Opeth
Otyg
Samael
Sepultura (earlier stuff)
Summoning
Theatre of Tragedy (selected parts, definitely not the latest album)
Therion
Tiamat (certain stuff only)
Ulver (mostly later stuff)

I used to be into swedish punk like Charta 77, dlk, Strebers & Bifg Fish. But now it's mostly rock and roll.

Opeth
In flames
Dark Tranquility
Nevermore
Black Sabbath
Carcass
Stratovarius
Children of Bodom
Covenant
Monster Magnet
At the gates

I also listen to alot of old rock like Led Zepelin.