What bands has Opeth got you into?

I already liked some metal, but probably what you would refer to as "metal"...but other bands would be...
Porcupine Tree, Bloodbath, Katatonia, Into Eternity, Dan Swano, Nile...and many other Death and Black metal bands.

blimey said:
Same here... opeth got me into death vox.
I was the same. Opeth was the starting point, kinda like a revelation for me.

Braighs said:
Novembers Doom
What are they like? I've heard the name a lot but never bothered to check them out.

Opeth really haven't gotten me into other bands. It was sort of Porcupine Tree that got me into Opeth. I didn't like metal (still don't except about half a dozen bands) but I got into Opeth because Steven Wilson was so involved with them.

only really porcupine tree for me, though i still have a few more to check out. i suppose opeth opened up the world of death vox for me, because before that all i listened to was prog. so bands like isis and arch enemy which are now some of my favourites i probably wouldnt have been able to stand without first getting used to the death vox of opeth.

always been into inaccessable music - thats why im pissed off i havent got hold of any camel.
I got into porcupine tree and anathema as one big coincidence to opeth, because anathema are into the porcupine tree stuff.
Katatonia i kindof got into more off opeth.
I know a guy from a 50year-old hippie band who did a gig with porcupine tree. kinda cool, except he's so out there he called porcupine tree pop music lol