Just got into Opeth.

Well I actually heard Katatonia before Opeth. Didn't they used to be heavy at once? I've only heard the new stuff, I love "Teargas."

Heh, looks like I'm not the only Tool fan here. That's good to know. And as ignorant as this may sound, to the guy that ask why newbies to death metal always start with Opeth and whatever that abbreviation was. I don't plan on getting into death metal much. I love Opeth and Soilwork. In Flames is good..but its not going to ever be my favorite genre of music.

But that's just me.

and thanks to everybody again.

Originally posted by Fervisson
Well to tell you the truth I was scared to join the board of a "death metal" band because I've been to other death metal board's before and the people weren't too intelligent, but you all seem to be cool as fuck.
Well I think there's a bit of a difference between the average, say, Mortician fan and the average Opeth fan.

Hi, by the way.

Well I actually heard Katatonia before Opeth. Didn't they used to be heavy at once? I've only heard the new stuff, I love "Teargas."

Heh, I knew you would like them ;) I have only heard the two most recent albums though. Maybe it goes without saying I'm quite a Tool fan as well.

Hey Scott. Welcome to the board. I think its a fairly natural progression to move from Opeth to Tool, though I did it the other way around. Now, their both a couple of my faviroute bands.

Vortex said :-

So your favorite band is Tool...may I go off subject just for a while? Try out Katatonia! They're a Swedish band with a brilliant vocalist worthy and reminiscent of Keenan, but they're much more melodic than Tool

You sure about this Vortex? It always seemed to me that Tool where more melodic. Katatonia seems to have more of a consistent mood to each of their songs. Although, I guess Tools guitar work is perhaps a little more limited...not that its a bad thing. Just sets a different mood.

Anyway, you Katatonia fans should check out Sulfur and O How I Enjoy the Light...why these tracks didn't make it onto LFDGD, I don't know...

I read around a little bit before joining, and you all seem to be long time fans, so I figured a few of you might care what a new comer thinks.

First off, this might be long because its 4:30 in the morning right now and I've been bored all night. So I apologize for ranting in advance.

Second, I'd just like to tell all of you hey, as dumb as that may sound lol. Well to tell you the truth I was scared to join the board of a "death metal" band because I've been to other death metal board's before and the people weren't too intelligent, but you all seem to be cool as fuck.

Third, I might not fit in here..I just got into Opeth, and they're becoming one of my favorite bands already, but my favorite band of all time is Tool. Which is funny, because I read about "converting tool fans to opeth fans" earlier. I'm just getting into stuff like this, Soilwork, and In Flames.

Finally, I think I better just finish this before I'm labeled "the boring newbie" here. My history with Opeth is short. I've already bought Blackwater Park, and I haven't stopped listening to it this whole week. Its a masterpiece. I also have a gigantic Opeth playlist right now, which is killing my harddrive, so I'm going pick up all the other Opeth albums too as soon as I get some more money. Hopefully Warehouse Music will have them...

Anyway, nice to meet all of you in advance. My name's Scott and I'm clicking the submit button now..

tool is one of my fave bands too. but there is none like opeth. you'll see in time.

Originally posted by Cutter
Hey Scott. Welcome to the board. I think its a fairly natural progression to move from Opeth to Tool, though I did it the other way around. Now, their both a couple of my faviroute bands.

Vortex said :-

You sure about this Vortex? It always seemed to me that Tool where more melodic. Katatonia seems to have more of a consistent mood to each of their songs. Although, I guess Tools guitar work is perhaps a little more limited...not that its a bad thing. Just sets a different mood.

Anyway, you Katatonia fans should check out Sulfur and O How I Enjoy the Light...why these tracks didn't make it onto LFDGD, I don't know...

cutter, i recently downloaded sulfur -i have every katatonia album, but i dont have that ep- and man it fucking blew me away. wow, it's amazing.

Hello. You are now not allowed to leave. Even if you want to (which you wont).

Also, do you prefer Scott or Fervisson?

Fervisson
I don't plan on getting into death metal much. I love Opeth and Soilwork. In Flames is good..but its not going to ever be my favorite genre of music. But that's just me.

Muahaha! You are mistaken my friend. :heh: You, like I, are quite mistaken and will become part of something you'll never leave. THE DEATH METAL SCENE! :lol: Seriously, I didn't plan on this... a passion for death metal! Before I knew it, I was online every morning like a junkie searching and asking around for more. Now I can't get enough. I'm addicted! :loco:

Saturday night I was driving home. Between switching music, I heard the dude on the Metalzone say something about what was coming up next... something from Sweden. :err: I listened for a while longer a few songs later. Nothing. I wonder where I'll be when Opeth is actually played on the radio.

Well, welcome! Enjoy! Glad you could make it. :)

Originally posted by Moonlapse
Hah, you think a couple of Opeth songs are killing your hardrive! Try over 2 gigs worth of Opeth videos and nearly a gig worth of songs... :p

hehe, oh and Hi by the way.

I only have 4gig of space though, and 300 something mp3's. I know that's not alot to some people but I'm having to delete stuff every day for memory, I can't stop downloading more Opeth.

Originally posted by Don Corleone

tool is one of my fave bands too. but there is none like opeth. you'll see in time.

I'm realizing this already..they're kind of turning me off to other music though. I guess they really reveal to you that music needs a soul of some sort.

Originally posted by Opet
Fervisson
I don't plan on getting into death metal much. I love Opeth and Soilwork. In Flames is good..but its not going to ever be my favorite genre of music. But that's just me.

Muahaha! You are mistaken my friend. :heh: You, like I, are quite mistaken and will become part of something you'll never leave. THE DEATH METAL SCENE! :lol: Seriously, I didn't plan on this... a passion for death metal! Before I knew it, I was online every morning like a junkie searching and asking around for more. Now I can't get enough. I'm addicted! :loco:

Saturday night I was driving home. Between switching music, I heard the dude on the Metalzone say something about what was coming up next... something from Sweden. :err: I listened for a while longer a few songs later. Nothing. I wonder where I'll be when Opeth is actually played on the radio.

Well, welcome! Enjoy! Glad you could make it. :)

lol..me...on the death metal scene..heheh. I doubt it'll happen, and if it does I'm going to be so poor its going to be pathetic, because all you people spout of 300 bands a minute that I've never heard of once in my entire life lol. So if I actually get into all of them and buy the cd's, no more money for me. I don't even really like Children of Bodo and somebody made me download "From the Cradle to Enslave" from Cradle of Filth awhile back and its so...bleh. The "heaviest" music I was into before Opeth was a little Converge and stuff like Hopesfall and Poison the Well.