What Opeth song got you hooked?

"del-iv-er-ance"...

(impulse buy of lamentations... lead me right into the harder stuff, :loco: , but this was the first song where i was like, "fuck, this is exactly the music i have been looking for!")

:headbang:

The Leper Affinity was the clincher. That first year, you could call me obsessed. I purchased their whole discography in matters of weeks, learnt how to play every song off of BWP, and saw them three times. Good Ol' 2001. Since then, I have weakened my obsession, but I still listen to them fairly often, albeit not as much as I used to. I'm really diggin' Deliverance more and more with an added appreciation for their finest album, Orchid.

Windowpane made me discover them, that second solo just amazed the hell out of me and it still does to this day. I saw there was another thread about Opeth being musical geniouses or something, and that second solo is one of several reasons they are musical geniouses IMO.

But the song that really made me a hardcore fan and made me start listening to them all the time was Deliverence.

I would like to thank Music Choice's Metal channel for turning me on to Opeth. I heard Deliverance a few years ago & was immediately hooked. I have since seen them 6 times, soon to be 7 & will continue to buy every album/dvd they ever release. If I didn't have to work I'd become Opeth's version of a deadhead & follow them everywhere.

The Funeral Portrait...
I happened across this album at circuit city when I was in my shitty alternative rock phase thinking it was all dark and shit. I saw the cover To Black Water park and didn't really know what it was, other then it was metal and I was pretty open then. I didn't have much expirience in metal so I thought it was going to be comercial metal. So I baught it not knowing really much about it, other then the cover was attractive. When I put in my CD player I was blown away, it become the only album I listened to for almost a month. Thank God for Opeth...

Bleak. Opeth changed my whole way of thinking about music. They got me into a whole new genre of metal that I had never knew of before and has been my fav. band for around 3 years now and will remain that way forever :headbang:

April Ethereal.

I bought My Arms, Your Hearse used without hearing it. Heard a lot of great things so thought what the hell why not. I hated it so much at first, gave it another listen 1,2 weeks later.

Found Opeth awfully late considering how much I love them now and how I've been listenong to them nonstop for over a year now... It was Deliverance on the Metal Digital Music channel on cable. They had been recommended to me by a teacher who was interviewing to join my department. He didn't get the job, but I'll always remember him!

:headbang: Black Rose Immortal was the song that first got me into Opeth. That, and The Night and the Silent Water. Soon after I bought Morningrise (this was around 5 years ago) and was hooked ever since.

Weird thing is, BWP was the next album I bought and I remember being shocked how different the musical approach was. But dammit, I LOVE it on first listen.

I was downloading music just trying to find something new and I saw Opeth-Madrigal so I downloaded it and thought it sounded cool so then I downloaded some more songs and They were the harder songs so I was like wtf, is this the same band? So I have been listening to them ever since.

Face of Melinda, I heard it and just went *wow* So I immediately went about bought Still Life, than Orchid, than Blackwater Park, than Morningrise, and then...the rest of the albums.

Damn, Opeth OWNS!