What Opeth song got you hooked?

A fair judgement, i heard it after reading in some metalforum that it had the best solo in the world according to many, and man doesn't it? I had some trouble getting into the songs featuring growls at first but now i love every single song...

I was scanning through the metal section at HMV, I remember stumbling upon BWP, and something about it just really stuck with me. I asked if I could listen to it, and upon hearing The Leper Affinity I was hooked, I skipped forward a few tracks and listened to Blackwater Park and that was it. I bought it in an instant along with Still Life.

When I got back to my place, I put Still Life into my stereo and I was blown away when I heard the Moor. At the time I was mostly into Metallica, and I had no clue that this type of music existed. Needless to say, I havent touched my Metallica CD's since I made that purchase. To answer the question, it would be those two CD's that were what really got me into Opeth, but to be more precise those three songs.

I now own all 8 of their CD's and the Lamentations DVD, and I favour all of their music to this day more then any other band. ( im still yet to see them live though :cry: )

The Night and the Silent Water. It was the first Opeth song I heard and I was immediately hooked. I'm sure it could have happened with any other of their songs though.

it was the cover of circle of the tyrants
after that I couldnt get enough of these guys
saw them sunday in L.A. for the 4th time by far the best show ever fromthem and The Moor was just insane:devil:

The first Opeth song I ever heard was "Windowpane" in a friend's car and then, in the middle of the conversation, I asked her "who the fuck are these guys - this is awesome?!" The cool bass line, the expert drumming, melodic guitars and haunting vocals were captivating. She handed me the Damnation disc and I absorbed it; I listened to nothing else all week. That weekend we drove down to LA for the Damnation tour show at the House of Blues. It was the first time I heard material from other albums than Damnation. When the unforgettable repetitive-guitar section of "Deliverance" emanated through the air I was going crazy, yelling "this is the best metal I've ever FUCKING heard!" She found my antics amusing. After that evening I literally tracked down every Opeth album ever released, even paying some bastard on eBay $30 for the 2-disc release of Blackwater Park (even though I just bought the single-disc). Then I bought Lamentations, and now I seek the vinyl releases...I even bought Porcupine Tree's Stupid Dream and In Absentia because of Wilson's contributions to Opeth. After experiencing a 2-year jazz phase (hiatus from metal for the most part, other than the occasional Tiamat, In Flames and Fear Factory) it was refreshing to discover that metal and prog evolved beyond Cannibal Corpse and Dream Theater.:cool:

Well, the first Opeth song I really listened to was 'To Bid You Farewell'. Very lovely acoustic arrangement.