What albums have you "rediscovered"?

Mar 11, 2005
Most of the Opeth albums minus Morningrise and MAYH I instantly fell in love with. But one day I just popped in MAYH when I was on a trip and it just all of a sudden clicked. "Oh my God this album is so perfect!"

What albums of Opeth has this happened to you?

that happened to me, i heard my arms your hearse again and loved it when i didnt particularly like it before.
now im really into still life

Most recently it was Deliverance... I hadn't listened to it since forever because of all the other albums (and especially Ghost Reveries)... I threw it in on the long trip home from school and was blown away... Master's Apprentice was the biggest "re-discovery" because for such a dull beginning it really picks up and turns into genius midway through...

i can recall similar feeling happening fairly recently with Blackwater Park...

(I couldn't stop listening to MAYH, SL, or GR when it came out for the longest time)

I'm still waiting for it to happen with Morningrise and Orchid. The rest have already gotten to that stage. Except maybe Blackwater Park, I seem to not really like songs 5-7 and song 4 is just OK.

Well, just recently I rediscovered Dimmu Borgir's Death Cult Armageddon. When I first got this, I hated it, couldn't stand it, was so disappointed. Now, I thinks its a bloody awesome cd. I understand it now.

The reasons I hated it firstly was cause Vortex's clean singing wasn't used as much on DCA as they were used on SBD and PEM but I am over it now. The other reason was this album just sounded much further away from black metal. But now I get the album, this is more extreme symphonic metal and I love it. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Yeah, they are mainstream, but who cares? They back it up with their music. This album may be a overproduced to some extent. But who cares? they can re-create this sound live. This whole album has an amazing atmospheric and epic feeling. Such class.

I can't believe I once thought this album sucked.

Well, that is my most recent, who knows whats next. I 'rediscover' albums every day.

Ikil

well I"m listenign to Orchid ALOT. but its hardly a re-discovery. I just decided to listen to it because its awesome, as I've always known.

Right now I don't need to rediscover any of their albums because all are genious for me (maybe except Orchid, but the album's still great) but I remember hearing Still Life for the first time... Actually, excluding GR it was the album I heard last, I had much expectations of it and... after the first listen it bored me to sleep :D Now don't kill me SL fans (I know there are quite a lot of you here), I discovered the astounding beauty of the album by the 4 listen I guess and right now it's among my favourites! But SL is definitly one of the toughest growers I know, if you know what I mean :D So you may say I discovered it after a few listens...

was a bit unsure about orchid and still life but now got to admit that i listen to them all the time same with damnation which is a mighty fine album now

It happened to me with Deliverance and Still Life a good while ago, and then it happened to an even greater extent with MAYH recently. I now can't get enough of that album. I even started that thread a little while ago dedicated to great moments on MAYH.

in limbow said:
Morningrise took around 5-10 listens for me to really get into it.

i'm around 100 listens of Morningrise and I still find it to be their weakest album. Some really really awesome moments but overall...tis meh.

I had MAYH for a year and a half and didn't "get it" until about a year ago. To this day, the only Opeth album I don't listen to much is Orchid. Lately, I've been on an Arcturus craze because of the new album so I've been listening to La Masquerade Infernale and Aspera Hiems Symfonia more and I'm starting to really enjoy both (always loved The Sham Mirrors).

--