advent is ridiculous...

ChrisEmerson said:
yup, americans have really butchered our language. Has anyone noticed how recently when installing software, tha language options have changed? You used to get English (American), English (UK), and all the other types, now you only get English (American), English (Other). Microsoft are a bunch of twats.

*pats Linux on the head*

Don Corleone said:
hhahahhhahahhaha

that is a rather cheesy name isnt it? i should change it, but oh well. fond memories of being obsessed with everything bodom. i still like them, but it seems im listening to more opeth right now. :Spin: :ill: :yell: :erk: :loco: :OMG: :p o_O :wave: :dopey: :D :err: :hotjump:

RjBeals said:
or

the combination of "you" and "all" into "ya'll"
"cut the light off" instead of "turn the light off"
"fur" instead of "fire"
"He done went and did it" instead of "He did it"
And my worst is that my daughters name is "Gabrielle" the "a" is soft as in "apple" and everyone in the south pronounces it "Gabriel" - hard "a" as in "ape". That's the boy's version of it. Idiots.
heh. thats awesome. you forgot "fixin" though.
i was at work one time (RN) and one of my colleagues said, "you better get the crash cart, shes fixin to die."
ive had some patients from the hills that i literally cant understand. i love it.

I think dialects add culture and uniqueness to different groups of people, as well as providing an indicator of the class/culture of the people themselves.

RjBeals said:
Speaking of "Jive" talking, you should check out this webpage to make it all more clear...

http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~eclectic/toys/jive.html

-----------------------------------------------------
Example:
Original OPETH Lyrics:
Out on the road there are fireflies circling
Deep in the woods, where the lost souls hide
Over the hill there are men returning
Trying to find some peace of mind

Jive Translated OPETH Lyrics:
Out on da road dair be fireflies circlin'
Deep in da woods, where da damn lost souls hide
Ova' da damn hill dair be dudes returnin'
Tryin' t' find some kinda' paice o' mind
YOUR JIVE:

Would yo' ass plaise pass da Grey Poupon? Amen!