advent is ridiculous...

Mr. Josey Wales

UGA student
Apr 13, 2004
athens, georgia
im a new opeth fan i have always heard about them, but i just recently picked up bwp, and then i got mayh, and SL, and Damnation...i still have to get the first two and deliverance, but i have most of it downloaded...BWP blew me away...then i heard the more classic MAYH and SL life albums...i love everything on morningrise too..especially advent and nectar....opeth rules...

some of my favorite songs...

leper affinity, bleak, blackwater park, the moor, demon of the fall, april ethereal, advent, nectar, closure, credence, windowpane, the apostle in triumph, black rose immortal, and silhouette....whew...

i love the part after leper affinity, when you lose concentration with the piano in the background, and all of the sudden that opening chord to bleak just breaks the silence, and its such an odd special chord......i love that.

How did you know I always lose concentration on that part?

Some of your favorite songs? That's more than I have of favorites by Opeth, and thats off of all the albums. Learn to focus.

So why did you happen to choose such a title for this thread?!?! I thought this would be slightly interesting, but it's just another "I jOst GettINg iNto Opeth, wow dey RawKs!!!" thread.

yeah, i was expecting some heated debate and all i got was a big picture of what looks like a 1970 chevelle SS.

Just goes to show what you've done to the English language. I thought that "off the hook" was used to describe a situation where, for example, a rapist doesn't get convicted. That example doesn't sound exactly right, but you know what I mean.
Oh yeah. This is on-topic because Mikael Åkerfeldt is actually an American and a rapist.

Speaking of "Jive" talking, you should check out this webpage to make it all more clear...

http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~eclectic/toys/jive.html

-----------------------------------------------------
Example:
Original OPETH Lyrics:
Out on the road there are fireflies circling
Deep in the woods, where the lost souls hide
Over the hill there are men returning
Trying to find some peace of mind

Jive Translated OPETH Lyrics:
Out on da road dair be fireflies circlin'
Deep in da woods, where da damn lost souls hide
Ova' da damn hill dair be dudes returnin'
Tryin' t' find some kinda' paice o' mind

i said advent was ridiculous, cuz i happened to be listening to the song at the time (ridiculous means like really good)...and after i wrote the title, i realized it was my first post on the opeth forum, so i had to tell why i was here.

its seems like some of you spend too much time on here.

Dair be alot o' "wassup, dis be how I gots into Opet' thraids" so's dat be y yo' ass be gittin' some kinda' flak. I started one myself but it wuz received well. Maybe becuz mine included some quesshun, I duzn't know. Yo' ass might wanna be some bit mo' creative next time o' say sump'n funny. Welcome t' da damn bo'd.

^well done!

...and i still like the overly large picture of what i now believe to be a 1969 camaro SS.

as you can tell, im a christian, so the a lot of the lyrics i dont agree with from most of the metal bands...but all i care about is music :) ....thats why i like opeth....i still like some black metal bands....i think ill download some darkthrone....good thing about death metal vocals is you dont have to figure out what they're saying :)

TheFourthHorseman said:
Just goes to show what you've done to the English language. I thought that "off the hook" was used to describe a situation where, for example, a rapist doesn't get convicted. That example doesn't sound exactly right, but you know what I mean.
Oh yeah. This is on-topic because Mikael Åkerfeldt is actually an American and a rapist.

Congratulations on your non-Yankified command of the English language, Sir.