advent is ridiculous...

Hah, well you've got me there. My English is very American as far as vocabulary is concerned, but I'm just saying that they should at least learn how to spell.

etotheipiequalsminus1 said:
Darkthrone are a great band, check them out if you get the chance.
How uber-Necro of you... reccommending evil black metal to defenseless, helpless Christians. :rolleyes: :lol:

yup, americans have really butchered our language. Has anyone noticed how recently when installing software, tha language options have changed? You used to get English (American), English (UK), and all the other types, now you only get English (American), English (Other). Microsoft are a bunch of twats.

Ridiculous can also be used in the proper sense that it is "ridiculously good". Which I believe is the sense that the dude meant Shroud.

or

the combination of "you" and "all" into "ya'll"
"cut the light off" instead of "turn the light off"
"fur" instead of "fire"
"He done went and did it" instead of "He did it"
And my worst is that my daughters name is "Gabrielle" the "a" is soft as in "apple" and everyone in the south pronounces it "Gabriel" - hard "a" as in "ape". That's the boy's version of it. Idiots.

I used to speak Hawaiian pidgin when I was growing up (which takes already butchered American english and jacks it up even more). When we moved to the mainland (California), nobody could understand a word I was saying.

Bartman

Katatonic said:
Ridiculous can also be used in the proper sense that it is "ridiculously good". Which I believe is the sense that the dude meant Shroud.

Man i hate me for getting sucked into an english debate right now....but using 'ridiculously good' is not the same as using 'ridiculous'; the meanings are not the same at all. I dont care how this bumpkin uses the word, hes using it wrong. Ridiculous is not in itself positive....if its ridiculously good then that is positive, but ONLY because of the word good. Jesus christ, us Kiwis should learn youse some english skills!

the_3_toed_sloth said:
Man i hate me for getting sucked into an english debate right now....but using 'ridiculously good' is not the same as using 'ridiculous'; the meanings are not the same at all. I dont care how this bumpkin uses the word, hes using it wrong. Ridiculous is not in itself positive....if its ridiculously good then that is positive, but ONLY because of the word good. Jesus christ, us Kiwis should learn youse some english skills!

good grief is this an english paper, or a forum?!

its called slang...you guys are too much