Which Opeth song got you hooked?

Blackwater Park. I can only remember snippets from when I first heard it, from 'fuck this is grooved out and heavy' to 'holy shit it's got mad acoustic guitar'. I think I've learned alot more and learned to appreciate music in different ways ever since.

I liked them before....but the first song that got me really hooked was The Leper Affinity.. that Simon&Garfunkel-style part...."Lost are...daaaays of spring...."....so unbelievably good!

Chalk me up as another one of the 'Bleak' crowd; first Opeth song I heard and my musical tastes were changed forever. I thought the mix of a metal foundation with acoustic flourishes was amazing, and Mikael's growls were (and still are) the best I've ever heard. After the rest of Blackwater Park I got MAYH, than Still Life, and now Deliverance. I've avoided the older material because I downloaded Black Rose Immortal and the vocals were horrid, and I couldn't get past them, so I haven't even given Orchid and Morningrise a chance. But from MAYH onwards, they're easily one of my favourite bands.

Yeah I never liked death metal vocals until I heard Opeth, now I don't mind them but I absolutely love Mikkels vocals (whether it's singing or screaming) and now I've got onto other death metal bands such as In Flames. I am so glad opeth are as fucken awesome as they are, whenever I hear their songs it makes me happier even when im pretty depressed. Oh, and The Drapery Falls also got me hooked.

Closure was the first song I heard from Opeth...but Harvest really hooked me on-I think I liked the clean vocals&acoustic guitar the most in both.I just couldn't stop listening to those two!After that I remember barging in the nearest music shop and buying Blackwater Park :rolleyes: And after that the whole discography :lol:

There was a guy from high school that always wore a Blackwater Park shirt to school, and one day I asked him about Opeth. He described them and I went on to tell him what kind of music I liked... which at the time was Green Day :erk: . But, I had started getting into Tool around that time also, which was my introduction to "metal". It was a bit after high school, though, before I bought my first Opeth CD. I was in the record store and I saw a used copy of Deliverance for like $8. So I figured I would buy it and see what they were like. The first song I listened to was Master's Apprentices because I thought it had a cool name, and have been hooked ever since.

Bleak
I hadn't heard of Opeth before my cousin told me about them (which I love him dearly for). I checked out Bleak and said to him: "This song really rocks", he replied, "Most Opeth songs do", and he was right <3

Bleak
I hadn't heard of Opeth before my cousin told me about them (which I love him dearly for). I checked out Bleak and said to him: "This song really rocks", he replied, "Most Opeth songs do", and he was right <3

Welcome to forum. Hammerfest is a really cool place. Visited teh church a couple of years ago. Damn you're far away from pretty much everything :wave:

Ghost of Perdition.

I had been a serious metalhead for most of my teens and early twenties, swinging around to prog rock. However, years later I wanted something with a bit more kick than the usual fare I listened to (e.g. Rush, Porcupine Tree, that kind of stuff), and Ghost of Perdition delivered a swift kick in the nuts that left me hooked. Was exactly what I wanted to hear at that particular moment.

Benighted was the very first opeth song I listened to. Then their cover of Iron Maiden's Remember Tomorrow, from there the real hook was... I honestly can't remember for sure, but when I really took a deep listen into Deliverance (the track), I got addicted. Then I just went backwards. April Ethereal was one of the most epic black metal pieces I've ever heard to this day, of course advent, BRI, and all of morningrise was perfection. Then Orchid. To this day, I can't do anything the rest of my day properly without listening to in mist she was standing at least once. It's been like that for 5 months now.

Thanks, been lurking about here for some time now. And yes, I am very far from most things. No matter though, when I can, I _am_ going to see Opeth live ;o