Opeth Appreciation Thread

Am i the only who hates the "best album" "best song" threads on here? i will never have a favorite opeth song/album. i could be addicted to MAYH during the entire summer, then when the cold air comes around Morningrise may become a constant daily listen. thats what i love about opeth, you just simply cant compare any album with the other and you could listen to opeth year 'round and not get tired of their discography.

How the hell can you listen to MAYH in the summer? For me, that like eating chocolate with the wrapper on.

Also, I think if you want to keep the negativity down on the board, just ignore topics you don't like and let them die, since each "shit thread" post does the exact opposite of it's intent and keeps 'em coming back.

I cant remember the exact year i discovered opeth, either 2002 or 2003. The first album i bought was Blackwater Park; it took a couple weeks to hit me, but when it did, i was completely amazed. I just put it in and was listening to The Leper Affinity and it just 'clicked' for some reason, at that moment they became my favorite band. Its hard for me to explain how greatly i appreciate them/their music. I'll just say that its been a great addition to my life.

They sparked my interest in searching out more music, reminded me that amazing music was still out there. I dont see any other band ever overtaking opeth at the top of my list, to me they have the perfect sound, its great.

In my opinion, this is how music is supposed to sound; beautiful, powerful, and passionate.