Which Opeth song got you hooked?

Originally posted by pac1288
:)

Morningrise is a great record, I just never find myself going back to it much, just on occasion and I mean OCCASION, same with Orchid, there both amazing albums, they just don't have much replay value for me like My Arms Your Hearse, Still Life, and Blackwater Park(I'm excluding Deliverance) These I still listen to quite a bit especially MAYH and Still Life.

:)

:cool:

Same here, same here. You'll really like Deliverance :)

Mine was Advent also. First song I heard. It just sounded.. very musical. Or something. Melodies and things different than I'd heard in metal up to that point.

Still Life first got me into Opeth. Though The Leper Affinity got me hooked. That song and the title track of BWP are my favorite songs of all time.

Oh, and Hondo, "very musical"? That's the worst I've possibly ever heard Opeth described. hehe

well the first song i heard from Opeth was from Morningrise, i forget which tune it was.
but the song that got me hooked was The Moor.

The first album I got from them was My Arms, Your Hearse and the first track that made me realize how great they were was When. Still one of my favorite songs by them. They need to play it live next time!

The Drapery Falls got me interested in them enough to buy BWP and Morningrise. Advent and Bleak completely destroyed me and I couldn't stop listening to those two songs for a few weeks. I actually put Bleak on repeat. I'm still not tired of it, and I must have listened to it 100 times.

I still listen to Advent more than other Opeth songs, and I definitely am not tired of it, I still haven't "discovered" the whole song yet. Every time I listen to it, I notice a new thing. I love Opeth.

Originally posted by Static
The Twilight is My Robe!! I had heard BWP but wasn't quite into them yet, one listen of TTIMR and I bought BWP and became an Opeth junkie!

Looks like you and I are the only two to be hooked by Orchid songs. I heard The Twilight is My Robe, and that was it. For the past four years, this song has remained my favorite, and the only challenge it has from another song is Serenity Painted Death. But, I don't think any song could take away the magic of that first listen.