What Opeth song got you hooked?

Black Rose Immortal and To Bid you Farewell. I had just those two Opeth songs for quite a long time. One day not too long after Blackwater Park came out, a friend of mine had it, and I heard Bleak. Thats when I said holy shit, I love this band. Went out and tracked down all the CD's the next day.

Karma, deliverance, and bleak were my first songs, and eventually i started liking opeth more and more, but it was drapery falls that REALLY got me going with this band.

I had heard about Opeth for a while and I got my hands on "Still Life" poped it in, heard The Moor... No song they've made can top that feeling !

In 1995 a friend of mine told me of this new band he'd discovered and played their album on the CD player for me. The first song he played was "The Twilight Is My Robe". It was so different, so beautiful. I was instantly hooked and bought the album the first chance I got. Orchid is still my favorite Opeth album.

the song dotf, and the first three tracks of blackwater park...like most people. but i have come to appreciate their older stuff. i really love still life and my arms your hearse (april ethereal :worship: )

I remember buying My Arms Your Hearse about 5 years ago.
I gave it a few listens and liked Demon of the Fall allot but never really appricated it.
The I picked up BWP and after hearing The Lepper Affinity I was totally 100% utterly hooked.
The next day I got morningrise, still life and orchid and have been a raving mad Opeth fan ever since.
I really love Deliverance and Damnation.

But I feel I have lost it with Ghost Reveries. I've given it 10 or so listens and it's just not clicking the way I hoped.
I'ts lacking passion - maybe too polished.. there's only two moments where I stop and think yeah this is good and they soon fade....

Anyone else having the same experiance?

First song that hooked me was probably "Bleak" and soon thereafter "The Drapery Falls". Then I was hooked for life. I like all Opeth albums now. One album that is far underestimated is "Still life". It's a f**king great album, that (I think) has progressed the band to what they are and sound like today!

I got hooked when a friend told me to check them out. I saw they were cd of the month in a dutch magazine, and decided to give it a go with Blackwater Park. I listened it at the store, but i didn't buy it. I kind of disliked the beginning of lepper affinity and bleak. But some days later, Harvest was still in my head (or were it the drapery falls??) I went to the store to give them another go, and i bought Blackwater Park. WOWW!!! What a great buy that was!! I discovered more and more in the Opeth music. Orchid, Morningrise, MAYH and Still life, i bought them in one time! HOOKED! but i still don't have Ghost Reveries, their worst album i think...

blackwater_demon said:
I remember buying My Arms Your Hearse about 5 years ago.
I gave it a few listens and liked Demon of the Fall allot but never really appricated it.
The I picked up BWP and after hearing The Lepper Affinity I was totally 100% utterly hooked.
The next day I got morningrise, still life and orchid and have been a raving mad Opeth fan ever since.
I really love Deliverance and Damnation.

But I feel I have lost it with Ghost Reveries. I've given it 10 or so listens and it's just not clicking the way I hoped.
I'ts lacking passion - maybe too polished.. there's only two moments where I stop and think yeah this is good and they soon fade....

Anyone else having the same experiance?
Yesss!! (see my previous post)

Blend said:
Demon Of The Fall

I used to hate metal at the time but this piece of art hooked me. Opeth is still the only metalband that I listen intensivly.
Me too, I listen to every style of music, but not so much metal, except opeth

When I first heared "The Moor" .. That was it. I was addicted. The weird thing about this is that before Opeth I listened to bands like Cannibal Corpse, Satyricon etc. I still do listen fast and brutal music but Opeth really gave me a larger point of view (sorry for my enklishish!)

I think Damnation is one of the greatest records ever made. I listen to it almost every day. Goddamn how great can Windowpane be?!

For me it was The Lepper Affinity to a small amount but the song that really really hooked me was The Drapery Falls. Since then I've been a fanatic and own their entire discography (naturally) They're not my favorite Opeth songs anymore but I still love them dearly.