What Opeth song got you hooked?

i was searching for something and someone told me to get the song 'Black Rose Immortal'. I downloaded 2 minutes (!! - I had a really bad connection),listened to it... ehh, I didn't like it. I was a fan of heavy and power metal then and it was much heavier... but after some time I realised I want to listen to this piece again... I downloaded the whole song, got addicted, bought Morningrise... dunno when i collected the whole discography except 'Damnation'. then, after over a year while listening to 'Reverie/Harlequin Forest' I felt in love again... and since then Opeth is my number one band :)

quite a long story, but not an offtop I think ;)

Demon Of The Fall

I used to hate metal at the time but this piece of art hooked me. Opeth is still the only metalband that I listen intensivly.

interesting choices (yes some of us read them). it takes 1 song for me to like an opeth album enough to buy it. hence When made me buy MAYH. Then Godhead's lament made me buy still life. but the first song was Bleak. Riffs of the gods. I didn't like anything AT ALL by them til i heard that. now i love it all, and my fave alb remains blackwater park!

Mistress Bleak said:
"The Drapery Falls" was the first Opeth song I heard, and I fell in love with it immediately. I bought all of their CDs within the next week.

I agree, when i heard 'the drapery falls' i was hooked, line sinker and copy of anglers times.
I heard the live version from the lamentations DVD and the lead in it sounded even more vibrant and emotional that the ebow used in the production version on the BWP album

Master's Apprentices.

Saw them live at the Swedenrock festival -04, didn't really like them, fixed some songs with them a couple of months later and loved it! By the way, I saw them again yesterday!

i'd heard that opeth were good
so i went and bought a random one of their albums and still life was the reddest so, naturally i got that.
the moor

Deliverance and The Drapery Falls. That's all I had heard of them for a while. I had those as mp3's on my computer and listened to them constantly. Went out and bought Deliverance a little later. The rest is history after that...

I listened to a few songs off Damnation and I really liked it. And I liked their harder stuff aswell after hearing it.

DELIVERANCE!!! That entire album but particularly that song is one of the greatest pieces of muisc i have ever heard in my life, In particular the first riff after the intro....quality stuff