What Opeth song got you hooked?

Deliverance was the first Opeth song i laid my hears upon. i was listening to a local progressive rock radio station (the sound and the fury) and they played Deliverance from Deliverance and i fell in love with the song. the next day i went to the record store and purchased the CD deliverance and listened to it non stop for weeks. then i learned more about opeth picked up the damnation album and all of their back cataloge.

My brother was downloading tons of music some years ago, and one day he showed me "the drapery falls", which he had found, and before that I wasn't at all into growling and deathmetal, he also showed me "blackwater park".. and I thought "WOW!" Some days later I told my friend about this band, called opeth, and he said his brother had the blackwater park album. I got to borrow it... I remember I went to my room, put the disc in the cd-player, sat down on a chair in the middle of the room and pressed "play". I got shivers throughout the whole album, and I was totally overwhelmed by the atmosphere on the album. I think this was the late spring of 2001 and I bought the special edition of bwp some week after that.. and then on the autumn I bought all their previous records. from that day bwp is one of my absolute favourite albums!

Steedus said:
Windowpane.

Same, since Damnation was the first album I heard. Best damn thing I've heard in years. I then worked myself backwards with their catalog and love it all. By the way, I notice you from the PT forum. I'm Moonlo0p over there. ; )

and not to go off topic but....

Detric... fabulous avatar. I too am an avid watcher of the Animal Planet. :D

I saw the lamentations DVD. all the songs were not clinging me at all back in 2004 this was. Finally deliverance came on and I thought it was ok. The last 4 min outro thing happend and I was laughing so hard at how impressive it was. after that date my cousin let me borrow the DVD and I started to LOVE deliverance the song and then I started to like the rest. So yeah I'm a 2004 fan.