What Opeth song got you hooked?

The first Opeth song I hard, as well, as Advent, although I think it was summer '99. I went home and went to buy Morningrise but couldn't find it and got MAYH instead. I later got Morningrise and Orchid and was already a huge fan before Still Life came out. Opeth was so different than everything else, each album had a unique air to it that cannot be described in terms of comparing it with any other music. The silence between the tracks on Morningrise has atmosphere. An Opeth album was really special for me then, until BWP came out and it all just kinda became regular music again. But, hey... I still get that feeling sometimes when I listen to Advent alone in the dark.

Under the Weeping Moon, just because of the "The Morningstar"-part and the breakdown eafter

AND Twilight is my Robe, all the ingridients of Opeth in one song. Orchid is the winner!11

Blackwater Park was the first cd I picked up. My purchase was based solely on the cover and song titles. The Leper Affinity kicked in and I said 'Holy-fuckin'-shit.' Bleak took it further, and by The Drapery Falls I was a huge fan.

First song I heard was April Ethereal, then Demon of the Fall. I just went straight out and bought the album after that, and the next week I got Orchid, and a mate got Morningrise. Awesome stuff.

Harvest was the first i heard. A friend sent as an MP3.. i was obsessed, so i bought blackwater park, morningrise, orchid, and mayh soon thereafter. The night and the silent water secured my obsession.

The first Opeth song I heard was "Bleak" from a guy I know at work who had a compilation CD he made of all Opeth songs. After Bleak I then Heard "Forest of October," then "Moonlapse Vertigo." I was saying to myself WTF! After work I went to Circuit City and bought BWP, MAYH, Orchid, and Deliverance. I had to order "Still Life" and "Morningrise" on line but by that time I was hooked. I had been playing guitar for about 23 years and was so impressed not by the complication of some of the songs but the simple stuff, the beautiful layerings and how a single note on a single string can add so much color to a movement. I became (am) obsessed with figuring out these songs.

I can't say for sure since I did a lot of listening to Opeth at the same time as hating the death metal vocals. Moonlapse Vertigo was the first heavy song that I got all the way through and actually liked. I suspect that Moonlapse and The Amen Corner had a lot to do with my getting into Opeth. Those are two top-notch quality songs right there.

One day I picked up from the local cd store a strange vinyl with an orchid on. No band name, no title. I got it. It was late 1994, and since then opeth became my music. Obvioulsy, i still prefer the first three release than all the stuff from Still life ahead, but it's The Music, all the rest is in the deep ass of space if compared.
So it is. I play In the mist she was standing, Black Rose Immortal and Demon of the Fall with my band, i suppose these are the songs.

Cheers