Which Opeth song got you hooked?

black rose immortal , soon after i got morningrise from ebay , ill always remember rainy afternoon , playin diablo1...and listening to the cd for the first time....(i wish i could go back to that time)

I hadn't even heard of Opeth when I downloaded Black Rose Immortal, but I was amazed by the blend of melody, cool riffs, solos, and acoustic parts. I didn't like the growls at first and actually, to be honest, I thought Mikael sounded rather similar to "Animal" from the Muppets in the beginning of Black Rose Immortal, hehe. After hearing that song, I downloaded Bleak and To Bid You Farewell, Serenity Painted Death, and White Cluster during the rest of the week. The song that actually got me hooked was Bleak though, and I still think it's one of the best songs I've ever heard. At first I only was really into the cleanly sung parts but still liked the guitarwork in the first half... now I seem to enjoy everything about the same, if not the growled parts more.

Hey Cynical,

Bleak was another song that quickly got my attention...and I agree with you about the growls, it took me some time to get used to them too.

Demon Of The Fall was the song that I first liked of Opeth's, but a combination of April Ethereal/When/Demon of the Fall(can you tell I jumped on the bandwagon when MAYH came out?) forced me to download all their albums. Stores here in Glasgow didn't stock any of their albums until the bonus track reissues were released and now the only album I haven't bought is Morningrise and Deliverance which I can't find and isn't out yet respectively.

In the mist she was standing. It was the first Opeth-song I heard, and even though it's been four years since then, and I have heard all of their other stuff it's still my favorite.

Mine was actually "Harvest." I'm from America, so I used to have the nasty habit of paying attention to only vocals, so of course this song caught my attention. I think I downloaded Bleak, and Black Rose Immortal soon after and even though the growling kind of freaked me out, I got into it rather fast.

Well, since Orchid wast my first Opeth album, and the first track on Orchid is In Mist She Was Standing... yeah, I think you get it. In Mist She Was Standing got me hooked. I had never heard Opeth when I bought Orchid shortly after it´s release, but I fell in love with their music as soon as I heard the first tunes of In Mist She Was Standing. And when I continued to listen to the rest of the album I loved Opeth even more, cause I think that In Mist She Was Standing is the weakest track on Orchid.

The album that got me hooked was Morningrise. I first heard that album when it came out because i stumbled upon some mp3s from the album, advent was the first song i heard. I couldnt believe there was music that sounded like this at first, a 13 minute song that spanned so many different sounds. I think it really says something about a band that after 5 years of listening to an album it is still in my regular listening rotation. I honestly believe it is impossible to get sick of Opeth.

Now playing: Bloodbath - Cry My Name

My friend gave me a tape with Opeth -April Ethereal .. emperor . children of bodom, in flames , dissection , arch enemy and iced earth on it .. it was the first real metal I heard besides some early cof .. april ethereal really stood out to me because I was into heavy songs and april was a heavy song ..