My single favorite Opeth "moment"

No 1 fave moment - 6:32 into Forest of October, when that one lone guitar note soars up and slides down, acoustics come in in the background, and then...distortion kicks in behind the one, lone guitar, which continues soaring over the music majestically.

That bit is simply beautiful...*sniff*

Originally posted by SoilworkForever
bleak!

tedious moooovements in your eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes :)

Strangely enough, the first time I heard that I thought it totally sucked. I hated Bleak for the first month or so after I got BWP. I always skipped it, to get to Harvest and The Drapery Falls.

After a few more listens, it completely grew on me. Now, it's probably one of my favorite songs ever.

"I have kept it
The amaranth symbol
Hiddin inside the golden shrine
Until we rejoice in the meadow
Of the end
When we both walk the shadows
It will set ablaze and vanish
Black rose immortal"

I can't see moments, I want the whole deal... what I mean is that I can't pick out certain parts of a song and say "oh this is excellent" since I see the song as a "unit". Either the song rocks or it doesn't... So moments for me would be all of Still Life, most of BWP, and probably all of Deliverance. I really think Opeth came into their prime on Still Life, but no offense to those of you who think the early stuff is their finest.

Originally posted by Culture_AK47
"I have kept it
The amaranth symbol
Hiddin inside the golden shrine
Until we rejoice in the meadow
Of the end
When we both walk the shadows
It will set ablaze and vanish
Black rose immortal"

YES. I absolutely love that part, with the solo. Possibly my favorite Opeth moment, especially at the moment of "It will set ablaze and vanish."

A few others:
The "ungodly freak / defiler" part of "The Moor" (and the parts leading up to it)
The "shadows / shadows skulk at my coming" on "Advent"
the whole latter half of "When"

There are tons of others. As many have said, probably too many for us to gather individually.

mmmm...several parts worth mentioning, namely from Bleak and The Drapery Falls

Bleak:
- when the chorus riff first kicks in at 3:14
- the acoustic passage from 4:24 - 5:16
- incredible clean guitar from 5:21 - 5:39
- the fucking AWESOME bridge at 6:40 !!! (all time favorite)

The Drapery Falls:
- the beginning of the song is so incredibly beautiful and haunting... so from 0:00 - 2:16

tons of other amazing parts that i don't feel like scouring albums for :]]

Always thought the clean vox in bleak weren't too amazing, the simple chords and simple melody just doesn't do much for me...

However in BWP, the song, the last crescendo to the climax "the sun sets forever...." gives me the shivers every stinkin time.