A Modest Proposal - Opeth Sucks

S4R

gooey
Sep 7, 2001
.il.us
I have a modest proposal to make, that being, Opeth sucks. There are many reasons why I believe this to be true, and I will lay them out, lest you think I am not with knowledge of their music. I will not dare insult these amazing musicians, I will simply sate why their final product continually falls short of excellence. The first thing one notices when listening to any of Opeth's albums is that the songs lack length of any sort; this inhibits their ability to tell any sort of story within albums that have that very goal in mind, for example "Still Life." Another aspect you may notice when listening to an Opeth album is the lack of vocal quality. It is my opinion when listening to music similar to Opeth; if growling is going to be present it should be a cross between death/black metal vocals. Also, to accompany the acoustic guitar portions there should be clean vocals as well; Opeth needs those aspects within its music. Another key characteristic that will jump out at you when listening to this band is the variation from electric to acoustic guitars, the seamless transition Opeth accomplishes, just doesn't succeed. The band needs to have variation, one riff after another after another after another are played with little transformation. Finally, a point we can all recognize, the lyrics are hardly, beautiful, profound, majestic, awe-inspiring, and poetic. Please, don't gain my misfortune of becoming captivated by this band, Opeth.

Originally posted by Soul4Raziel
I have a modest proposal to make, that being, Opeth sucks. There are many reasons why I believe this to be true, and I will lay them out, lest you think I am not with knowledge of their music. I will not dare insult these amazing musicians, I will simply sate why their final product continually falls short of excellence. The first thing one notices when listening to any of Opeth's albums is that the songs lack length of any sort; this inhibits their ability to tell any sort of story within albums that have that very goal in mind, for example "Still Life." Another aspect you may notice when listening to an Opeth album is the lack of vocal quality. It is my opinion when listening to music similar to Opeth; if growling is going to be present it should be a cross between death/black metal vocals. Also, to accompany the acoustic guitar portions there should be clean vocals as well; Opeth needs those aspects within its music. Another key characteristic that will jump out at you when listening to this band is the variation from electric to acoustic guitars, the seamless transition Opeth accomplishes, just doesn't succeed. The band needs to have variation, one riff after another after another after another are played with little transformation. Finally, a point we can all recognize, the lyrics are hardly, beautiful, profound, majestic, awe-inspiring, and poetic. Please, don't gain my misfortune of becoming captivated by this band, Opeth.

Bored again are we? :loco:

ok, it was clear i was being sarcastic, but never the less i take it back antway:p opeth rule (i hate it when people say ''this band'' rule:mad: , so annoying, don't you think?, especially when people say limp bizkit rule for example)

Wow, Soul4Raziel, you managed to match politicians in your knack for producing mindless garbage rhetoric and lengthy sentences abounding in circular reasoning. That was kinda funny.