Opeth sucks big time!!

In defence of the using big words flame I would argue that any metal guitarist who can play more than a c major scale knows what a tritone/ and what it sounds likes even if they state in interviews they know no musical theory. I have seen the guitar video yes where akerfeldt plays that fluid solo and yes it is great. If he has never, ever in his entire life not looked at a piece of music notation or transcription in his entire life and comes out and says so well I am wrong.
And yet again the initial meaning and point of the post gets lost in the usual scenarios of infantile responses.
Some poster's have contributed musical and thoughtful rebuttals to my fictional crtiticism and analysis of Opeth's musical formula.
If you don't belive musicians adopt a formula you are naive about the building blocks of music.
And that is totally cool, acceptable. You don't have to be a musician to like music otherwise it would not sell LOL.
The initial point was to see what some of us, the "despised users of big words and musical terminology" actually thought of Opeth's gift.
We listen to music in different ways. Sometimes I like to analyse it and work out how did they do that. So I can be influenced by it.
Its a fairly straightforward piece of musical admiration that every musician does. You work it out man and then play it.
Opeth is a band I admire.

That is all.

A description of parts of Opeth's guitar vid follows:

I'm pretty sure the jam is, like most, improvised, haha. So I spose if you want to play something like that, just learn your pentatonic and blues scales all over the fretboard and go at it. (from Moonlapse).

Mmmmm.

Hmmm, and did you need to bump two five year old threads on the same subject for this? You did not provide any additional discussion either...:erk: