opeth = smoking music

Judas Pissed said:
Well I hate people like YOU koichi. So fuck off. I can't believe how fucking ridiculous most of you are acting in this thread. Grow up. Get a life.

I'm flattered I bother you that much, I look forward to meeting you if you ever the balls to front me at a MFTB.

Koichi said:
I'm flattered I bother you that much, I look forward to meeting you if you ever the balls to front me at a MFTB.

I'm a pussy that hides behind my keyboard :rolleyes:

It's threads that get ruined like this that reminds me why I don't post here that much anymore. I don't think I'll bother at all in the future. It seems like everyone just hangs around here refreshing their browser waiting to abuse someone no matter what they said. There are better things to do.

I love how after all ggggggu's whining about off-topic threads, he takes a thread like this that was Opeth-related and steers it completely off course into an anti-weed rant.

And not everyone who smokes weed does it to be cool. There are many things that SOME people do to be cool, but that doesn't mean that every person who does these things does them for that reason. I mean, god forbid someone might actually like the feeling you get from getting high and putting on a CD. Problem for me is no one I know likes metal so if I'm getting high and listening to music it's more likely to be mainstream 90s rock :p

IAmEternal said:
You, sir, are quite on the ball! As I posted in another thread, I used to do just this. There's one riff in Black Rose Immortal (damned if i know which) that is so creepy it makes me feel like someone's following me whenever listen to it while im walking home high late at night. I call it the stalker riff. Unfortunately, I kinda lost interest in weed for a while, so I haven't done this since the summer, but I mean to. I also mean to be high at the Opeth show on the 24th, but I don't seem to know very many dealers anymore. :(

P.S. If any Torontonians coming to the show will have weed, let me know please.

I'm not even going to bother addressing the flaming trolls who plague every thread on this board, turning a potentially fun forum for conversation into a nightmare. Trying to find good posts on here is like reaching through a layer of oil covering a lake to get to the water beneath. Bad analogy? Maybe. But it's annoying as hell.
at around 5:30 - 5:50? or 6:30 - 6:50?

antipopular said:
at around 5:30 - 5:50? or 6:30 - 6:50?
I'm gonna check this right now, even though it'll interrupt me listening to one of the (outstanding) Unicorn demos from swano.com.

Oh my.. I'd forgotten how great this song is...
EDIT:
I haven't found that bit yet, but it wasn't either of the ones you suggested. Morningrise as a whole freaks me out when I'm high and walking home at night. There's one part of the walk where it's forested on both sides of the road and you're passing over a bridge, pretty much any music freaks me out there, high or sober, as long as it's night.

Found it! It's the acoustic bit, 16:14-16:24. Naturally, the highness made it seem to last a lot longer. And it scared me shitless.

IAmEternal said:
I love how after all ggggggu's whining about off-topic threads, he takes a thread like this that was Opeth-related and steers it completely off course into an anti-weed rant.
Just because I can.

The Scourge said:
Christ, why all the anti-marijuana mudslinging? What does it matter if a fan(BlackRoseImmortal) publicly states his case of combining weed-consumption with the heavenly nuances of Opeth? Lighten up fellas, it's like this forum is Poland dealing with another Gorgoroth concert.
Well put. I'm pretty sure the members of Opeth (At least a couple I know of for sure) probably don't want to hear that considering they smoke! I was sitting at a table with them when they made their appearance at Milwaukee Metalfest in 2000, and they were rolling a couple joints (mixed with tobacco though...Yuck!) to go smoke on their bus. I just find it funny that there are anti-marijuana posts on a message board for a band that smokes weed. I used to smoke every day for about six years then I quit. I still do every now and again with my wife, but not nearly to the degree I used to. Either way, if someone wants to smoke pot it's their business, no one else's...

fuckin blunts and shit muthafuckas. fuckin mushrooms and shit. instead of fruitsnacks, shroomsnacks HAfuckinHAHA. king crimson is X-Cell-Ent on marijmushrooms.

I disagree with alot of posts in this thread. I agree with some of them. But i disagree with alot of posts in this thread.

Apocalyptic, you're awesome.

Here, take this prize:
bunny.jpg

im all fuckin awesome and shit and all that shit. fuckin prizes and shit. fuckin bunnies motherfucker muthafucka. LOL im just jokin muthafucka. fuckin jokin and shit. : - )

skittles ewwww more like throwuples LOL : - ) :) :()

fuckin fleurety and shit

Umm... :erk: ignoring all the "unreleated" posts in this thread, Opeth is indeed very good weed music. They're good on rolls as well, although pretty much ANYTHING is good on rolls.

I disagree with alot of posts in this thread. I agree with some of them. But i disagree with alot of posts in this thread.

LMAO