I need some mellow music

whenever i need some mellowness i listen to john williams, playing bach or the like, or maye alan parsons tales of mystery and imagination

There's a fake instrumental Ritchie Blackmore album called "Blackmore's Kingdom". He (whoever he is) plays traditional/folk/medieval music on acoustic guitar there, with other instruments like flute joining him here and there. This is a collection of beautiful, mellow music. So beautiful that it makes me wonder - why the hell is it fake ?

D Mullholand

leadfoot256, I the spelling is Kveldssanger (minus the strange norwegian accents)
:p

Oh, and WOW, if it's mellow you want, you've got to listen to listent to "Mostly Autumn", Piebald (Grace Kelly with wings), Tuatha de Danaan, or Camel. Those shall do the trick for sure.

THE GATHERRING - How To Measure A Planet , i really didnt like this album at all for ages, and what used to be my favourite song on the album is now my least favourite, and i don't even listen to it anymore. Really good to relax and fall back to sleep with

Jeff Buckley - really good too.

Crematory (if anyone remembers them...).
I used to listen to it as background music but i can imagine it would also be nice sleeping music

Yeah If_Then_Else is a great album to fall asleep to (not really in the negative sense :D ), an average-heavy start and then it continuously gets more mellow (with one or two exceptions)

cry cry cry, delerium, enigma, the cure, love spirals downwards, love is colder than death, this mortal coil, dead can dance, clan of xymox, coctea twins, souther isolation, my bloody valentine, simon and garfunkel, late moby, leftfield...

to name a few - pretty multi-genre(al?) :)

Originally posted by mindflesh
Yeah If_Then_Else is a great album to fall asleep to (not really in the negative sense :D ), an average-heavy start and then it continuously gets more mellow (with one or two exceptions)

yeah one of my fav ever albums, most people i talk to hate it, but its my fav Gathering album. Bad Movie Scene is really great, it sums up so much in so little words.

''why did i ever think life was about to go right, in a minute...life never goes on, they're just empty words, it's just a frame of mind''