I wonder if mellow disc will be like Sorskogen

Kushantaiidan

SPASIBA AX.
Howdy.

Just listening to Mordett I Grotten, and I'm having fits of pleasure. It's simply stunning. In some interviews, Mikael hinted that the mellow CD might have some more psychadelic proggy influences, like with Sorskogen.

What would you guys think if the Mellow CD sounded more like Sorskogen, while retaining the opeth sound. Personally, I think this would be just amazing, and along with the heavy cd, I don't think Opeth could put a step wrong with any of the fans.

Not that Mikael cares or anything, cos he's gonna do whatever the hell he wants.

I agree that it would be amazing if the mellow cd sounds more like Sörskogen. However, I remember Mikael saying it would be more space rock. I think it will be heavily influenced by Steven Wilson and sound a lot like Porcupine Tree. It will definitely be a lot proggier I bet. Either way, it will not be a disappointment but may take some time getting used to.

Since i heard of this mellow album idea ive been hoping that at least one track is like Sorskogen.

I just hope it has a large variety of different music on it, theres so much opeth could do with a mellow CD, it would be a let down if every song was 10 minutes long and structured exactly like the heavier songs except the heavy stuff was replaced with acoustic guitars, i expect variation and experimentation.

According to what mikael has said about the album it will problably have a few acoustic numbers similiar to Harvest or Benighted and then some more experimantal stuff, space rock thingy and hopefully something like Sörskogen, can´t wait...

_Transparent_: "..bonus tracks, huh, only on the re-release son... :p

Did someone say reissues/re-release? I just read something about Mike's take on them this morning. Blackwater Park interview in Unrestrained #16 - (BWP Interview - if you want to read more.)

Tate: "Could you talk about the reissues of your albums - what do you think of the final package?"

Mikael: "I didn't like it - it looks like shit, I think. It's sad, it's like a testament to our history and it looks like shit, you know. We got this offer from Candlelight because they wanted to put out these albums for whatever reason - and by whatever reason I mean money reasons, because they wanted to make a little bit more money. And we do make money as well, so for us it's not a bad thing in a way...but I feel bad for the fans because if you are a diehard Opeth fan you obviously want to go out and get these reissues because of some of the pictures which have never been published before and the bonus tracks, but for the money of a CD today, I don't think that it's really worth it. It's for the new fans, basically, because the old original albums have been deleted, so these reissues are what's going to be there. So if a fan discovers us with Blackwater Park and he's going to go back and buy the old albums, he is going to get the reissues. But the whole idea of reissuing an album after four years or less, it doesn't make sense to me. I think it's cool when Black Sabbath reissue CDs of their stuff with lyrics and stuff, because those lyrics are twenty years old - but after four years and putting out reissues? I don't know. It's not a ripoff business because people can still decide whether they want it or not."

I never really thought much regarding Sörskogen would ever really be done. Ah, hell...too bad Mike couldn't answer this one for us personally. <hint hint>
Whatever_anim.gif
Although I'm sure he's answered it for many already. Anyone know where there's more info online?

Originally posted by YaYoGakk
I just hope it has a large variety of different music on it, theres so much opeth could do with a mellow CD, it would be a let down if every song was 10 minutes long and structured exactly like the heavier songs except the heavy stuff was replaced with acoustic guitars, i expect variation and experimentation.
...which is what they've been mostly doing until now, by the way.

I hope the same.