Damnation review - Spoilers. Don't click if you wanna wait.

I'm so excited.
I need to hear this.
I'm getting 2 copies of Damnation.
1 for my own use and another to become a collectors item when it becomes a sold-out record. :D

Static said:
Hey, does the song 'Closure' end really fucking suddenly for everyone else!?? It's really annoying too, much MUCH worse than Serenity Painted Death's end...:(
Yes it does(seems to be an error)- and the song is amazing. But I can wait for the real album to be in my grubby hands to listen to the song without errors.

And here comes the download/buy arguements all over again. In my own defense - yes, I downloaded it. And yes, I'll be buying it. So I personally feel I've done no wrong (in this particular case).

metalmancpa said:
And here comes the download/buy arguements all over again. In my own defense - yes, I downloaded it. And yes, I'll be buying it. So I personally feel I've done no wrong (in this particular case).
By downloading it, you support the use of file sharing, which means you give approval to those who download and don't buy. If you're happy with that, congratulations :p

OMG it's amazing!!!!!! Im my Time of Need is the most beautiful, really makes one cry!!! (Summer is miles and miles away / And no one would ask me to staaaaay!!!!)

I see only 2 flaws: the cut on the end of Closure is totally unnecessary (actually very unpleasant), for the instrumentation on the end of the song is orgasmic (very Opethish, Funeral Portrait-ish)!! The other flaw is that the 2 final songs seem to have changed places! Ending Credits MUST be the final song, not Weakness because this one ends too suddenly (although not as closure, be calm) and besides, both the title and the music of Ending Credits make it the FINAL song!! This really annoys me...... Obviously it's intended by the band to be this way, so I'll shut up and let you guys make it out for yourselves.

Ian, I also see Lullaby as the most Opethish of them all! It even reminds me VERY MUCH of another Opeth song, tho I can't remember which!!! Someone will make it out for sure, the parallel is so obvious!!! (damn, which is it...?)

weakness is beautiful. I like the singing, I like the way the lyrics are played out. I like its quiet after-album vibe.