What if Devin Townsend produced an Opeth album?

Minion520 said:
I also think that Steven Wilson is a piece of shit and he needs to stop putting that god awful telephone effect onto fuckin Opeth albums...

If you paid attention to the DVD you would have learned that Mikael requested that effect on the CD's.

Decadent said:
Jesters Race>every other IF release.

That said, they're still a grossly overrated band.
TJR has to be the most overrated album based on the opinions I've gathered from the UM and metal community in general. I think the playing/song writing on Lunar Strain/Subterrainean was far superior to anything from TJR. The atmosphere is far more to my liking than the anything off TJR. Then again TJR is one of my least favorite IF albums so feel free to ignore my highly opinionated response.

Oh, and I'd like to see Mike collaborate with Devy. I think those two could put out something 'listenable'. :)

jester race > every release since

let's leave it at that....IF are definitely overrated though, i don't hate r2r/soundtrack as much as most but i still think they're mediocre at best....i very much prefer omnium gatherum--anyone gotten their hands on the new album yet?

If Devin Townsend worked with Opeth on an album we could anticipate hearing the same guitar part played four times at once instead of four different guitar parts. But at least it'd be pretty dense.

I'm wondering the same thing about Steve, I love his works...
Yeah, Devin producing an Opeth album = ORGASMIC
\m/ :kickass:

Luz.-

P.S: Now playing: Iron Maiden: Killers (Paul Di'Anno's show last friday was awesome!) If some of you guys would like to know the playlist of that show, just let me now.

T3hLep4rAffinity said:
What's so bad about Steven Wilson?