If Devin Townsend produced Opeth?

Mr. Niel said:
You guys sure do put alot of stock into what a producer makes a band sound like. Did you ever think that a record sounds a certain way because the band acutally wanted to sound like that?
That's exactly what I think...it's not like SW wrote the albums he produced, it was all Opeth.

The heavy would be 'heavier' (Yes, heavier than Deliverance :Smug: ) Other than that, I can't really say. You would think Devy would lean more towards his old school SYL tendencies if they were to 'hook up'.

Would have to be a side-project though. Wouldn't really like to see it under either name. :(

SculptedCold said:
I wouldn't like that at all. =( I hate Townsend production; the only stuff he gets right is his own. December, Soilwork, Lamb of God, all crappy, badly balanced productions. Totally overrated.

Your a moron if you think that.You probaly think the new metallica has good production.

suislidE said:
Well, I went and downloaded strapping young lad and listened to all the songs.. most of them i had to skip forward several times hehe. I would have to come to the conclusion that his music sounds too simple for me, he doesnt show any emotion like Opeth. I dont like his music, but reading that he produced Soilwork's NBC, I agree that if he produced Opeth's new album, it might actually come out ok.
Yet again another moron.If you think that SYL is simple then stop listeing to music now.You're not worthy.

No emotion? SYL has some of the most intense emotion I've heard - mainly anger, fear and insanity but you can FEEL it's real! As for Dev's solo stuff, that's some of the most emotional stuff I've ever heard.

Mr. Niel said:
You guys sure do put alot of stock into what a producer makes a band sound like. Did you ever think that a record sounds a certain way because the band acutally wanted to sound like that?
I agree but you have to admit, sometimes the bands are asking for help or new ideas. All in all it is up to the band.

Also...Opeth DID take alot of ideas from Steve and vice versa. Together the form the mighty Porcupeth.

Reactions: Judas Pissed
suislidE said:
Well, I went and downloaded strapping young lad and listened to all the songs.. most of them i had to skip forward several times hehe. I would have to come to the conclusion that his music sounds too simple for me, he doesnt show any emotion like Opeth. I dont like his music, but reading that he produced Soilwork's NBC, I agree that if he produced Opeth's new album, it might actually come out ok.

?

Devin is the most emotionally encompassing musician in music today. why do you think his fans are so obsessed? and by the way, syl is ONE aspect of devin. there are 5 others in ocean machine, infinity, physicist, terria and accelereted evolution, all of which sound completely different in song and scope. and to say his music is "simple" is laughable. listen to a song like colonial boy and try and count how many layers upon layers of sound there are. thats the definition of complex music, which many people dont seem to get. all these sounds working together perfectly. i suggest you take a listen to him before passing judgement.

good day.