A Modest Proposal

Steve

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2002
Fairfield, CT (USA)
With many active conflicts on this board, I am here to propose a solution.

The board will split into two boards. One board will be like the current one, with discussion of all In Flames music. The other will be a pre Colony discussion board only. All post dates will be set back seven years, and the week before the release of Colony on the forum's altered time, all posts will be forced back another year to make room for more discussion. The following rules will also be implemented:

1. No cross references between the forums will be allowed.

2. Everyone will be required to act as though it is the forum's altered time. No anachronisms will be allowed.

3. To prevent any posts from being "tainted" with other era music, all users will be required to select membership to only one forum, and they may not view the other forum.

4. In accordance with the previous rule, non members wil not be allowed to view either forum.

5. Any whining about the change in music on the present day forum will be punished by catapulting into the nearest ocean, volcano, or Canada.

6. To add atmosphere to the old forum, it will use shitty EZboard software, and pop up ads will appear at a rate of 12 per minute.

This should keep you all happy. I await your judgment.

Steve

Oh, you don't want my judgement. Actually, I wish I was here before R2R was released. The forum must've been pretty civilized actually.

Incendiare said:
Oh, you don't want my judgement. Actually, I wish I was here before R2R was released. The forum must've been pretty civilized actually.

Nah. Ever since it came to UM its been known as the more uncivilized of msg boards here
Most of the posters were pretty young.. i'd say the average age was lower than the other forums around here. Lots of threads though, and lots of people.. I liked it

Yes! Let´s make this like the old forum. A super idea. Invite all your idiot friends, so that I can point out how stupid they are.

The Entire point of this was to show how ridiculous it was, and to add some humor.

Also, I was here before RTR (check my sign up date). I actually didn't post anywhere other than the IF board for a few months after I registered. I had read the board for quite a while before then, but not very often, so I never signed up. I posted 3 times on the old EZboard forum under the name 'NineInchNails42', but I don't really remember it that well.

Also, U[sic]M, if you are referring to the HMAS board users, I got you unbanned from there a while ago.

Steve

Steve420 said:
Also, U[sic]M, if you are referring to the HMAS board users, I got you unbanned from there a while ago.

I didn´t even think about them. Wait a minute, you got me unbanned? Why? WHY??? Well, that´s just great, now I have to go to all that trouble and get myself banned from that place...AGAIN!

U[sic]M said:
I didn´t even think about them. Wait a minute, you got me unbanned? Why? WHY??? Well, that´s just great, now I have to go to all that trouble and get myself banned from that place...AGAIN!

Just take one of my bans. I've been banned... nine times.

Steve420 said:
I've been banned... nine times.

How very very very immature of you. My bans were at least unjustified; I just got banned for being handsome, intelligent and articulate. This was something that the moderators could not tolerate. Seeing as how they are sensitive american In Flames fanatics who get upset to the point of inner agony when anyone says anything remotely negative about In Flames, banning me was the only option.

No...

and jesus no I dont want the pre deletion In Flames board back...I'll agree with SIC and say there is were way more idiots than I could handle...

Get over it for fucks sake people! Some people will always hate R2R some will always love it! Not a whole lot you can do there.

I think we need to create a special board for regulars only. Maybe a requirement of 6 months, maybe a year as a member, possibly 500 or 1000 posts, then approval from UM staff/ board regulars? Anyone have thought about this?