Please read: METAL and NON-METAL discussion

i used to want to discuss non-metal with certain members of GMD who didn't visit that worthless injun haven that is the non-metal forum, but now every single GMD poster is terrible this split is perfectly fine

This day is hitoricall.
Lets get party and drunk.
37.gif

Erik said:
This forum, formerly "General Music Discussion" is now "General Metal Discussion". Some discussion of non-metal will be tolerated, but if you're going to post a thread about a non-metal band, the non-metal forum should be used. In the past, the distinction between the forums was not clear because this forum, while largely metal related, was still "General Music Discussion". Now, to discuss music that is not related to metal at all, please use the non-metal forum. Common sense is to be applied while discussing non-metal bands in GMD.

At. Fucking. Last.

A blow for sanity has been struck. :kickass:

The Opeth forum has a sticky dictating all of the forums rules/restrictions and general FAQ. I suggest that we go by their example.

A subtle but logical change IMO. Not much non-metal was being discussed here in the first place but this should aid in keeping it that way even moreso in the future.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
This doesn't mean we have to cut the chit-chat, right? I mean, we on this forum would prefer to discuss metal when we discuss music, but we also like to give shit to one another as well.

:kickass:
yes keeep the chit chat

Only problem I see with this is who is the Grand Czar that decides what is metal and what's not? There are a vast amount of bands in the metal genre that have released albums that are 100% NOT metal. Are we banned from discussing those releases in this forum??? :lol:

Cryptos Grimm said:
Only problem I see with this is who is the Grand Czar that decides what is metal and what's not? There are a vast amount of bands in the metal genre that have released albums that are 100% NOT metal. Are we banned from discussing those releases in this forum??? :lol:
I'm pretty sure I specifically stated "use common sense when discussing non-metal." Common sense would include being able to discuss Metallica's post-metal output since Metallica is mainly known as a metal band.