The non-metal thread

Nov 23, 2002
"FFS GoD stop moving non-metal threads out of the GMD!"
"B...but there's a non-metal forum for those. :cry:"
"Yes, it's the Phillip Neville of internet boards, indescribably useless. This forum is called general MUSIC discussion anyway gawd GoD"

And so it's come to this.

Let's give Dead Can Dance a good fellating, for a start.

Here's an idea for thread that won't have people whinning about what's metal and not.

Perhaps a thread on about non-metal bands whose's sound has had a tremendous influence on the foundations of metal. Such examples; King Crimson, The Doors, Kraftwerk and many others.

For this topic, I've heard Aion and The Sepent's Egg, both expressing some very beautiful compositions with the use of various instrumentals and influences.

Dead Can Dance is godly. Aion, The Serpent's Egg, and Spleen and Ideal are three of my favorite albums ever, in my whole life.

Doomwatcher said:
Here's an idea for thread that won't have people whinning about what's metal and not.

Perhaps a thread on about non-metal bands whose's sound has had a tremendous influence on the foundations of metal. Such examples; King Crimson, The Doors, Kraftwerk and many others.

For this topic, I've heard Aion and The Sepent's Egg, both expressing some very beautiful compositions with the use of various instrumentals and influences.

Falconsbane already did that a couple of months ago. ;)

OMG, the new Mars Volta has me sitting hot in my pants. De-Loused was amazing in itself. The new one...OMG.

I haven't been this anxious since before A Crow Left Of The Murder came out.

YES!! Frances the Mute is FUCKING AMAZING!! I've had it for a while now since it leaked, and it gets better with every listen I think. It's such an awesome album! This will definitely be one of if not the top album on my 2005 list

Public Image Limited - First 4 albums.
Diamanda Galas - Plague Mass (absolutely the most insane female vocalist you have ever heard in your life, for the losers who don't know)
Jeff Buckley - Everything he ever recorded (best vocalist ever period)
Tim Buckley - Peel Sessions (Jeff's famous father)
Elliot Smith - From a Basement Down the Hill
John Zorn
Autechre - Tri Repetae
The Notwist - Neon Golden
Broken Social Scene - Feel Good Lost and a live bootleg I got which has some amazing jams on it.
Miles Davis - Dark Magus
Ornette Coleman - Shape Of Jazz To Come, live stuff (the King of free jazz, bitches!!)
MC Paul Barman - Paullelujah (best Jewish rapper in the business.)
Neutral Milk Hotel - Live In San Francisco

What else...

Beta Band, the Clash, Franz Ferdinand, Velvet Underground, The Postal Service, the Radiohead "MTV Unplugged", way too much Navicon Torture Technologies & Whitehouse & Vidna Obmana & HALO.

ANYWAY...Elend, they're good. The Umbersun and Winds Devouring Men are two albums that everyone should get, that is if you like to listen to music that's not shitty.