Please read: METAL and NON-METAL discussion

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
This forum, formerly "General Music Discussion" is now "General Metal Discussion". Some discussion of non-metal will be tolerated, but if you're going to post a thread about a non-metal band, the non-metal forum should be used. In the past, the distinction between the forums was not clear because this forum, while largely metal related, was still "General Music Discussion". Now, to discuss music that is not related to metal at all, please use the non-metal forum. Common sense is to be applied while discussing non-metal bands in GMD.

i dont understand why its necessary to segregate the two, ive always thought merging them was a better idea (i mean even before i became a huge troll who doesnt listen to metal any more)

Spectacular Views said:
i dont understand why its necessary to segregate the two, ive always thought merging them was a better idea (i mean even before i became a huge troll who doesnt listen to metal any more)

Because I, and the rest of the board that posts here (not counting the people who are completely lost) want to talk about metal. Not whatever.

Amarantus said:
Because I, and the rest of the board that posts here (not counting the people who are completely lost) want to talk about metal. Not whatever.

even if you allow nonmetal discussion, the vast majority of posts are still going to be about metal. case in point: its been that way for the past few years

Spectacular Views said:
even if you allow nonmetal discussion, the vast majority of posts are still going to be about metal. case in point: its been that way for the past few years
A large amount of users are not interested in discussing anything but metal in this forum though, and for those that are, having two different forums to keep track of is not really a large sacrifice. Posting about non-metal in this forum has more often than not resulted in large flamewars regarding whether there SHOULD be any non-metal discussion in this forum due to the naming ambiguity; this solves that.

Amarantus said:

Yeah, thing though, the non-metal board is hardly used compared to GMD. I honestly wouldn't mind discussing non-metal bands like Dredg and The Flower Kings here, but it won't really kill me not to.

The main reason for using this board for ALL music discussion would be, indeed, to increase the attention that non-Metal music discussion receives. HOWEVER, the attention that this non-Metal music will receive will invariably be negative, resulting in a barrage of insults, etc., from the Metal community here. If we wanted to discuss non-Metal music, that would be fine, but a majority of people don't, and those topics wouldn't go over well, either A) turning into an utter shitfest (which has happened countless times, or B) being ignored and sinking into the forgotten pages. I think it's more logical to have the division because a lot of people that want to discuss non-Metal music don't even post in GMD.

i dispute the assertion that most people in here dont want non-metal discussion but w/e i dont really care