The non-metal thread

Perdition's Light said:
Does anyone know of any bit torrent sites aside from kerrazytorrents where I can find non-metal stuff? Most of the shit they post there is the usual Aerosmith/Guns N Roses/ACDC drivel.

I can't use any other p2p programs. Don't ask.

You're pretty much out of luck.

I'm enjoying Acid Mothers Temple. Self-described "psychedelic freakout" band from Japan. Lots of members and lots of freaked-out free-psych-noise. Check it.

unknown said:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I transposed the music to guitar tablature one time, but I lost it...I should really look for it

I've been listening to a lot neofolk and norwegian folk music lately...Tenhi's "Vare" and "Kuaun"...some Piorun...October Falls...Hagalaz Runedance...Of The Wand & The Moon

also been listening to a lot of Chroma Key
Wow that would be really interesting to hear on guitar. Send it to me if you ever record it.

Also, Tenhi are excellent :D

I doubt I'll ever record it...it sounds very......odd because it's just the clarinet music. I guess I would have to record all of the guitar parts

and yes...tenhi are excellent

so is Harmaa! I found them, and I am enjoying them immensely.

Harmaa is a side project of members of Tenhi. It's more piano driven than Tenhi. Pretty cool stuff. I wish it was instrumental, but there is singing

Erik said:

Hi! I like Sol Invictus, Death in June (when they're not gay), Of the Wand and the Moon, Tenhi, Liholesie, Nest, October Falls, Nothing, Antimatter, Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra, Lord Wind, Burzum's and Ildjarn's ambient works and a bunch of other stuff that is not metal but that you tend to be exposed to when exploring various metal bands

Great taste. Neo-folk rules.

I favorite non-Metal, and non-classicall outfits as of late:

Faust
King Crimson
Kraftwerk
Brian Eno
Tangerine Dream
Sol Invictus
Current 93
Fire & Ice
Nature & Organisation
Dead Can Dance