The non-metal thread

Listening to alot of Autechre and Elend lately. Is anyone here a fan of Olivier Messiaen's works? Modern classical composer that expressed alot of ideas in atonality. Not the easiest classical music to listen to but I think it's great stuff.

For those of you who enjoy later Dead Can Dance material, I submit to you: Rajna.

Beautiful Middle-Eastern influenced music, with a female vocalist somewhat similar to the one from DCD.

I really don't like System of a Down

Queens of the stone age, i like their old stuff, but their new album SUCKS

I seem to only like a handful of songs off each QOTSA album, though I've not heard all of their s/t.

At the Drive-In's Relationship of Command is awesome, can anyone recommend anything similar?

Yes! Although Relationship is quite awesome in itself.

I'm afraid that Frances the Mute has not registered with me like De-Loused in the Comatorium did. It's too conventional in a prog-rock sense, and the band has too many borrowings from Zeppelin, Santana, and Faith No More to even match the striking originality they had on De-Loused.

Does anyone know of any bit torrent sites aside from kerrazytorrents where I can find non-metal stuff? Most of the shit they post there is the usual Aerosmith/Guns N Roses/ACDC drivel.

I can't use any other p2p programs. Don't ask.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Yes! Although Relationship is quite awesome in itself.

I'm afraid that Frances the Mute has not registered with me like De-Loused in the Comatorium did. It's too conventional in a prog-rock sense, and the band has too many borrowings from Zeppelin, Santana, and Faith No More to even match the striking originality they had on De-Loused.

I agree, they also could have lost a good 30 - 40 minutes of really rather boring material and made it a far more enjoyable listen. It has some really awesome bits, but they're few and far between compared to Deloused.

And though I love TMV I was really looking more for punk and harcore stuff that has similarities with AtD-I.

Christie_fell said:
Gustav Holst, anyone?

NP: Mars - The Bringer of War

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I transposed the music to guitar tablature one time, but I lost it...I should really look for it

I've been listening to a lot neofolk and norwegian folk music lately...Tenhi's "Vare" and "Kuaun"...some Piorun...October Falls...Hagalaz Runedance...Of The Wand & The Moon

also been listening to a lot of Chroma Key