The non-metal thread

I've recently been getting into Elend, and I agree that "The Umbersun" is an outstanding album. It's unfortunate that it's OOP and rather difficult to acquire.

Merzbow and The Cure are two of the worst bands I can think of.

Demiurge said:
I've recently been getting into Elend, and I agree that "The Umbersun" is an outstanding album. It's unfortunate that it's OOP and rather difficult to acquire.

You should also check out "Sunwar the Dead" if you haven't heard it already. I've been absorbing it for the past few days and I have to say it's quite good. It delves into a bit more experimentation than "The Umbersun" as far as technique and aesthetic go. Structurally, it's a bit simpler than "The Umbersun" but more complex than their last album. There's a lot of great ideas on the new album.

Cythraul said:
You should also check out "Sunwar the Dead" if you haven't heard it already. I've been absorbing it for the past few days and I have to say it's quite good. It delves into a bit more experimentation than "The Umbersun" as far as technique and aesthetic go. Structurally, it's a bit simpler than "The Umbersun" but more complex than their last album. There's a lot of great ideas on the new album.

I own their whole Lucifer Trilogy, I still want to get Winds Devouring Men and Sunwar the Dead. Elend is awesome, I'd have to be in the mood most of the time to listen to them. I find listening to Shostakovich's Symphony No. 10 abit easier to listen to than The Umbersun or Lecons de Tenebres.

Demiurge said:
Merzbow and The Cure are two of the worst bands I can think of.

masami2dy.jpg

Also, fear my brutal Merzbow shirt I won off eBay last week that hasn't arrived yet but will!!

merzbow12vs.jpg

merzbow25ob.jpg

For all the Inquisition types on here who love teh riffs, listen to the Offspring's Smash album. I can't get over how many fucking awesome riffs that album has. Or how metal that band used to be. Truly roxx0rz meh boxx0rz.

anonymousnick2001 said:
For all the Inquisition types on here who love teh riffs, listen to the Offspring's Smash album. I can't get over how many fucking awesome riffs that album has. Or how metal that band used to be. Truly roxx0rz meh boxx0rz.

You've gone too far this time. Get out.

Cythraul said:
You've gone too far this time. Get out.

:err:

There is value contained within many pieces of music, of all genres, by many artists. Perhaps you yourself cannot see this, or do not care. That is up to you. I don't usually go around chiding people for being closed-minded, or...metalheads, (*shudder*) unless it is a grave matter of supreme stupidity. I don't appreciate the 'get out' comments for being able to appreciate and find value within many, many, types of music.

For the record, that post was directed more towards people like VVVVV or J-P. I was also aware that GoD wa a fan once, and I'm sure my love of the album at least causes him to crack a glimmer of a smile, if not jar free a memory from...better times. ;)