What bands has Opeth got you into?

Apostle In Triumph

I engulf the skies
Dec 31, 2005
Massachusetts, USA
Well, before Opeth, I couldn't stand black, death, or barely even any metal. But now I'm into Darkthrone, Mayhem, Immortal, Edge of Sanity, Mercyful Fate, and Dream Theater. What bands have you gotten into after liking Opeth, well if you didn't like metal before liking Opeth I mean.

As a direct result of Opeth, none, actually. I even got into Bloodbath by mistake, totally unrelated to Opeth (not knowing Mikael was the signer for it). Was a metalhead before and after.

Apostle In Triumph said:
Well, before Opeth, I couldn't stand black, death, or barely even any metal. But now I'm into Darkthrone, Mayhem, Immortal, Edge of Sanity, Mercyful Fate, and Dream Theater. What bands have you gotten into after liking Opeth, well if you didn't like metal before liking Opeth I mean.
Same here... opeth got me into death vox. Now im into Bloodbath, Hypocrisy, Immortal, Edge of Sanity.

I liked metal before I liked Opeth. But I got into Porcupine Tree from Opeth.

Yeah, only really Porcupine Tree. Other bands that Opeth likes that I like were coincidence, but it helps that my brother is into prog so I heard a lot of those influences from him, and the metal ones from other "metal" friends or just knew before I heard of Opeth.

The first time I heard of Opeth was in the back of Cruelty And The Beast by CoF they are in the thanks list I think, but I didn't hear them until a lot later on and had listened to a lot of other bands, but I remember thinking it was a pretty cool name for a band next to Immortal and The Haunted and other bands that were also thanked.

Orphaned Land, Porcupine Tree, Novembers Doom, Katatonia, Ulver.
I just look at suggestions on this board. Opeth only gave me the realization that death vox can be good. I got into prog metal before Opeth.

Nile, first off, plus a plethora of other death metal bands. I absoutely love the stuff.

I probably wouldn't have been able to stand Emperor without listening to Opeth, now i worship them. They also got me into Burst a bit, because without the tour i just wouldn't have known the existed.