Other original bands you dig...

Hey Jannet, check out Winterkrieger by Grond, if you like Demoncy et al. Amazing German BM. Great shit. Also, Averse Sefira is ok, and if you can get past the ridiculous image, Thornspawn. All bands you'd like...

Originally posted by Sadistik
Hey Jannet, check out Winterkrieger by Grond, if you like Demoncy et al. Amazing German BM. Great shit. Also, Averse Sefira is ok, and if you can get past the ridiculous image, Thornspawn. All bands you'd like...

Hey Sadistik, thanks a lot! I'm always looking for new black metal for my ears. I've heard of Averse Sefira, but not Thornspawn. I'll check them out! Thanks!

Averse Sefira, Thornspawn. Those are a couple Texas bands! Averse Sefira is actually right out of the same city as me, they used to host a metal radio show. I will have to see them some time, I like them much better than Thornspawn.

Dream Theater aren't trying to make music. They are trying to show you how good they play. That's it. Masturbation Music.

Listen to 'Home' off 'scenes from a memory...' and then tell me that they are not original.

And either way, they do a DAMN good job of showing how good they play, why should that be a BAD thing huh? Or are you one of those 'three chords is too many' people??

oh man i HATE doing this (since DT is my SECOND fave band, AND you are on my side!) but Home, though a great song and has many original parts... is the ONE song DT always gets criticized on for being unoriginal! I must show you something...

Tool:

http://ss.cdnow.com/H/12/05/01831205.mp2

Dream Theater:

http://mfile.akamai.com/3196/rm/muz...2890/us/us_rm/3300/336171_1_08.ram?obj=v10212

hmm... something is similar there... But the whole song is not that much like the Tool one :) It's just unfortunate you picked that song and me (being the idiot providing evidence contrary to my beliefs) pointing it out to everyone... man i am dumb sometimes.

The only similarity is in the bass lines, maybe to 46&2, i was actually reffering to the arabic/indian sections, and the ending phrase.

But say what you will.