Other Bands Subterranean Masquerade Fans Like

PhlegethonVeins

Autopsy Obsessed
May 3, 2005
WI
Now that Subterranean Masquerade has released a full length album and I havent stoped listening to it since I got home yesturday, they have offically become one of my top 3 favorite bands. With that said, I was wondering what some of the SubMasq fans favorite bands are, as well as what some of the guys from the band favorite bands are. Here are my favorites that come to mind right now...(besides SubMasq)

Opeth
Agalloch
Nightwish
Frantic Bleep
Anathema
Katatonia
Iced Earth
Demons & Wizards
Blind Guardian
Bloodbath
Nightingale
Acid Bath
Green Carnation
Necrophagist
Novembers Doom (strangely enough, I had always wanted to check Pauls band out, but I hadnt heard any of their stuff untill AFTER I got T.P.S. last year and still dont have much of their material, but what I have I like alot)

I like a lot of bands in all kinds of genres, but I'll try to name a few that other SM-fans would like. :)

Sculptured
Farmakon
Akin
Dis (great band from my country, they also feature a violin at times)
Drawn
Porcupine Tree
Ved Buens Ende
Virus

The Tea Party
Orphaned Land
Opeth
Bathory
Moonspell
Metallica
Nevermore
Death
Control Denied
My Dying Bride
David Bowie
Amon Amarth
Mayhem
Rotting Christ
Faith No More (actually all of Patton's projects)

Slough Feg
Hammers of Misfortune
Manilla Road
Devil Lee Rot
Lethal
Arcturus
Ulver
Borknagar
Solefald
Reverend Bizarre
Deathspell Omega
Noctuary
Negura Bunget
Hate Forest
Drudkh
nocturnal mortem
Graveland

Local :

Goat Horn
Woods of Ypres
Reckon With One
Dead of Winter
Will of the ancients
Wetwork
Heaven Ablaze

and tons more but too lazy

I love a majority of already posted bands, most notably Arcturus and Ulver. I absolutely love Garm even though my favorite Arcturus album is The Sham Mirrors. I'm also a big fan of Borknagar (I shit myself once I found out Vortex would sing on the next Arcturus album, The Chaos Path is hands down my favorite song from them ever) and Moonspell (hence my name, which I made about 6 years ago when I was really into them). I also love:

The Gathering
Darkane
Lilitu
Skyfire
Murder By Death
Rapture
Finntroll
Ensiferum
Korpiklaani
Denali
Wintersun
Antimatter

Highway Corsair said:
You should sing on thier next album! The last time I saw David Gold was one the first "return" show in Toronto, with a line up that didn't last that long, lol. Thats almost 2 years ago.

No, part of the charm for me is Davids voice. I'd be happy to do a guest appearance, or back-ups for him on it though.

Highway Corsair said:
You also know my friend Mark, from Toronto, who did shots for TPHD! He's a very good photographer!

Yeah, marks a good guy. We'll schedule another shoot with him in Toronto when we're there. We flew him into Chicago, and spent the weekend shooting for the CD and different promo shots. We love his work. I've got over 500 pictures he took of us that weekend, even shots of us rehearsing which came out amazing too.

Immolation, Katatonia, old Ulver, old Fleurery, Satyricon, Enslaved, Shining, Tool, Porcupine Tree, The Crown, Arcturus, Daylight Dies, Ved Buens Ende, Taake, Excretion, Orphaned Land, Requiem Aeternam, Gordenian Knot, OSI, Cynic, Samael, Agalloch, Vehemence, Borknagar, old Dark Tranquillity, Finntroll, Dissection, Garmenhord, Illdisposed, Opeth, Panchrysia, old Sentenced, Vital Remains,...

Listening to the new disc reminded me of the band Maudlin of the Well. They are now recording under the name Kayo Dot.

Ulver, Agalloch, Opeth, Empyrium, Arcturus, Subterranean Masquerade, Cynic, Atrocity, Athiest, Pestilence, Death, Suffocation, Resurrection, Massacre, Malevolent Creation, Morbid Angel, Spawn of Posession, Psycroptic, Necrophagist, Aborted, Misery Index, Disincarnate, Broken Hope, Demigod, Necrophobic, Devourment, Swallow the Sun, Disembowelment, Anathema, Katatonia, Solitude Aeturnus, Candlemass, Nevermore, Judas Priest, Halford, Bruce Dickinson, Novembers Doom, Edge of Sanity, The Crown, Dark Tranquillity, Depresy, old Nightrage, Godgory, In Flames, Dissection, Enslaved, Summoning, Ved Buens Ende, Dodheimsgard, Burzum, Abigor, Camel, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Yes, Anekdoten, Paatos, Morte Macabre, Gracious, Gentle Giant, Nick Drake, Porcupine Tree

any word on the new Daylight Dies album?

Agalloch is a must as well as Arcturus.

I also enjoy:

Ulver
Porcupine Tree
King Crimson
Opeth (pre Delieverance)
Borknagar
Vintersorg
Slumber

Well, many...many more of course. Those are a few more genre breaking bands.

maudlin of the Well/Kayo Dot
Opera IX
Burzum
Atheist
Mouth of the Architect
Ephel Duath
Necrophagist.

Love 'em. I think that SM is my best newly discovered band for this year though.

Opeth
Porcupine Tree
Anathema
Lacuna Coil
Antimatter
Frantic Bleep
YOB
ISIS

Just to name a few