Other depressing/doom bands?

It's awesome that you know this band :)
The Belgian doom scene is slowly growing stronger. I'm starting a doom band too, with a mate. We need a drummer though. Classics such as Shroud of Frost and Restless Oblivion will be what we'll play as long as we don't have enough of our own songs :dopey:

Achernar said:
There's also another nice portuguese Doom band called Desire. Proper doom like...try finding some samples on soulseek or something...

Their albums are:

Infinity
Pentacrow
Locus Horrendus.

:D

Oh I saw them live on a canal boat in Paris, with our French doomsters Ataraxie and the future best atmospheric metal band with female vocals : The Last Embrace.
And they sounded pretty good actually, though their attitude on stage was really cliché. Their music was fine. Some bits reminded me of old school Anathemer :D

Cerulean said:
The Belgian doom scene is slowly growing stronger. I'm starting a doom band too, with a mate. We need a drummer though. Classics such as Shroud of Frost and Restless Oblivion will be what we'll play as long as we don't have enough of our own songs :dopey:

at least u have some great doom bands there... dunno, I think I know them through doom-metal.com, downloaded some samples, loved it, ordered the album... its wonderfull!!!

in austria we have only Jack Frost when it comes to doom bands, but dunno if they will go on... There are some others as well but Jack Frost is the best imo... specially live, they rule!

Else check Pantheist, Morgion, Shape of Despair, Disembowelment, Winter, Evoken, Skepticism, Esoteric and so on ...
For a newer kind of doom metal, check bands such as Warhorse, Khanate, Eyehategod, Crowbar, Sunn o))) etc...
And if you're looking for grindcore/doom metal, listen to Visceral Evisceration :lol:

Ah hell ... Just go there :

http://www.doom-metal.com/main_bandlist.php

btw, just remembered that there is also this great german doom band, Mirror Of Deception, one of the guys is also organizing the doom shall rise festival I think

... While Heaven Wept are playing there (I just LOVE their latest album) but dunno if I can go :(

Cerulean said:

Well, I`d like to join the band....lol...but I think I am too far away... drummers are RARE like...btw... hi Cerulean.. it was nice to meet you in Bochum mate....have a good one...CHEERS :headbang: