Other doom/depressing bands?

A Journeys End said:
Yeah, those guys were popular when I worked at a rock radio station about 9 years ago, I remember their "wither blister...." album well. Had a couple really good tracks!
Yeah they had 2 radio hits on that record "Shame" and "What do I have to do?"
then later had some airplay with "save yourself" from darkest days. They also had a track "waking up beside you" that showed up on "The Crow - Salvation" soundtrack. But other than that they weren't played much on hard-rock stations. They were not enough commercial for radio, so their label dropped them 2 years ago. They broke up, but singer christopher hall started another band called The Dreaming, they have recorded an EP and are presently searching for a label contract. The Dreaming sounds like early Stabbing Westward with heavier tones and they still have the dark lyrics since christopher hall was the mastermind and main writer behind Stabbing Westward.

Seducer's Embrace, Morphia, User Ne (its like Opeth mixed w/spanish folk music), Pandemonium, Morgion, Mjolnir, Dark Moor maybe. I will search for more.

actually its not what i thought, its some kind of gothrock, i just dont have the time or mood to check this much of music

i guess lotsa german ppl do the danse macabre, because its sort of a rockdisco band (i might be wrong, just listened to a few secs of it.)

coldwave said:
Seducer's Embrace, Morphia, User Ne (its like Opeth mixed w/spanish folk music), Pandemonium, Morgion, Mjolnir, Dark Moor maybe. I will search for more.
Currently looking for Seducers Embrace, currently downloading a Morphia mp3. Thanks!

when it come to doom these days, my first choice is new band from Chile called Mar de Grises... just released album for Firebox...
and what's depressing me the most, these days as well, are bands like Switchblade(it's like Cult of Luna), Labradford (drone and minimal post rock instrumentals) and Slint (Spiderland is the album wich influenced newest Katatonia albums!!!)... when it comes to artists then Scott Walker's Tilt is a must!
you could try with Klimt 1918, Room With A View and Greyswan... italian BIG 3... they will black the sky for you...

Out of Time said:
when it come to doom these days, my first choice is new band from Chile called Mar de Grises... just released album for Firebox...
and what's depressing me the most, these days as well, are bands like Switchblade(it's like Cult of Luna), Labradford (drone and minimal post rock instrumentals) and Slint (Spiderland is the album wich influenced newest Katatonia albums!!!)... when it comes to artists then Scott Walker's Tilt is a must!
you could try with Klimt 1918, Room With A View and Greyswan... italian BIG 3... they will black the sky for you...
Thanks for the recommendations, I'm gonna search for samples right now :Smokin: