Other doom/depressing bands?

Cerulean said:
Check Pantheïst, a pretty new Belgian funeral doom band, but with some decent distribution they could get BIG in their scene. But then again, I dunno how decent their distribution is right now :)
I've got two of their releases, how many do they have? I do indeed like them too

Ormir said:
Shamrain, Blazing Eternity, Fragile Hollow, Autumn Blaze, Shape of Despair, Throes of Dawn, Draconian, Rain Paint if you don't know them already...
Have all but Red Paint and Shamrain. Someone actually named their band "Red Paint"? :ill:

A Journeys End said:
Have all but Red Paint and Shamrain. Someone actually named their band "Red Paint"? :ill:

It's "RAIN Paint" :)

As for other bands, I don't really know if these are obscure, but since noone mentioned them before - Mourning Beloveth, Fall of Empyrean, Dissolving of Prodigy, Estatic Fear.

A Journeys End said:
It's a Fragile Hollow/Rapture side project, and Henri from Rapture growls in most of the songs.

gone said:
It's "RAIN Paint" :)

As for other bands, I don't really know if these are obscure, but since noone mentioned them before - Mourning Beloveth, Fall of Empyrean, Dissolving of Prodigy, Estatic Fear.
where the hell did I get 'red paint' from? :confused:

gonna listen to some Estatic Fear when I get home from work!

Quote:Sometree sounds like newer Anathema/Radiohead to me. And this Ten Year Drought sounds like Katatonia. Hhhmmmmm.... interesting

yeah you are right sometree sounds a bit like Anathema...but it sounds great...

To Forgive by Smashing Pumpkins is a very sad song.

For slow "post-doom" check out Khanate. They produce some of the slowest music I've know. Some of the live recordings I have are literally painful to listen to. It's probably quite different to what you're looking for, but I strongly recommend giving them repeated listens.

wow, this Ten Year Drought stuff sounds great! but... i didnt find any place to order their records from, if anyone finds some kind of recordstore that has their stuff plz tell :)

SunlapseVertigo said:
For the most hopeless and depressing music there is you have to check out Neurosis - "Sun That Never Sets".... it isnt exactly a doom metal album, but its far more depressing and hopeless sounding than any other album out there.
I've got that on cdr but I don't think I've ever listened to it. Only one I heard that I remember was 'silver through blood' or something like that.

Another Depressing band I really like is Stabbing Westward. It's not really metal but the lyrics are depressing as depressing can be.
If you're curious listen to Wither Blister Burn & Peel and Darkest Days. Those 2 albums are so great I doubt anybody will be dissapointed.

"There are times when I'm just a shell
When I do not feel anything for anyone
All I feel is hollow and bruised
Used up and misused
Forced to be someone I don't want to be
Have I failed somehow or some way
Will the weight of today finally pull me down to drown
In the depths of despair
Where I am alone
Except for my rage "

Stabbing Westward - Darkest Days

Yeah, those guys were popular when I worked at a rock radio station about 9 years ago, I remember their "wither blister...." album well. Had a couple really good tracks!