Other doom/depressing bands?

Oct 13, 2002
The Womb Of WA
Anyone know of any obscure or unsigned epic doom or gothic/doom bands? I've always been a sucker for this style, and would like to check out other bands as well as possibly sign some. I'll have my first release out this month, a epic/gothic doom band from Norway (some of you may already know them), you can check it out here if interested:

http://www.thesilentenigma.com/ashes.html

Tracklist, samples, and all that good stuff is available.

Again, your recommendations of doom or depressing music would be greatly appreciated.

try End Of Green,or Antimatter,if like stuff like Katatonias Discouraged Ones and Anathemas Alternative4,you have to check out Greyswan!their new album "thougts of tormented minds "is just perfect.

Depressing? Try Forest of Shadows from Sweden. FoS covered Rainroom and I'd consider them one of the most depressing doom bands that I have ever heard. The song "Wish" used to be hosted on mp3.com before it went down. Im sure someone can hunt down that track if they really want to hear a piece of very melancholic music.

www.darklyrics.com/f/forestofshadows.html

Also, of course if you've not heard Esoteric (UK), do so. Very long funeral doom tracks. Very sad sound, similar to Worship as listed above. Veil of Sorrow could be also added to this list, as they sound very similar to Katatonia and the influence is very apparent. Blazing Eternity's newest album "A World To Drown In" has a pretty depressing sound to it. Their old releases are a lot more heavier and still depressing. Crematory also have some very gloomy elements in their songs that could be considered depressive and doomy, despite their many melodies. I'd recommend Act Seven to check out of all their albums, I find it pretty deep. "Awake" is a close second.

Puddlemonkey: Hey man. this is Lord Cruciferion from slsk. I've not seen you since the swedish metal maniacs hub on DC++ went down. : P

:Smokin:

Murderous Engima said:
Puddlemonkey: Hey man. this is Lord Cruciferion from slsk. I've not seen you since the swedish metal maniacs hub on DC++ went down. : P

:Smokin:

Hey! SMM is down? :OMG:Holy crap, I wasn't aware. Been too busy as of late

Check Pantheïst, a pretty new Belgian funeral doom band, but with some decent distribution they could get BIG in their scene. But then again, I dunno how decent their distribution is right now :)

Shamrain, Blazing Eternity, Fragile Hollow, Autumn Blaze, Shape of Despair, Throes of Dawn, Draconian, Rain Paint if you don't know them already...